Any regrets/delights after moving to Canada?

Sure. Thanks!

My employer provided Provincial Replacement Coverage from Manulife (PPR) which provides same coverage as OHIP during the first 90 days, and you are good to go. We used it 3-4 times for my infant daughter and my wife and the claim process was pretty smooth. You could even buy it yourself.

So if you get PPR, and have decided on an area if you would like to settle in, than you could get a PCP as soon as you like and continue with them after getting started on OHIP.

I dont really know about downtown wait times, but have heard of longer wait times in brampton/sauga.

Where I live (RH/Markham), wait times aren’t bad and we normally get appointment in <2-3 days for regular checkups/dentals/etc , and there are walk in clinics (like CVS minute clinic) where you can walk in and get treated same day within 2 hours.

2 Likes

Cool! Thanks for the information.

I moved from the US last December 2018 to Canada. I am having a nice time in Canada especially the work culture (depending on the company you are in though). The people are nice and friendly. But soon they will change as immigrants are growing now (That’s my opinion but I could be wrong).

I’d say as long as you have good job, compensation and if you do not compare with your friends in the US and their salaries and currency conversions. You will be fine.

3 Likes