Anyone moving to Ottawa or Montreal?

As outlined above, your child has the right to attend English school in Quebec. You also always have the right to attend English schooling in the private system. There are a number of good private English schools close to Kirkland. This, (The choice of schooling conundrum) only applies until the child finished high school after which he/she can attend any school they wish.
Native Quebecers, and other Canadians, (This does not apply to you) are only permitted to enroll their children in public English language schooling if the child has at least one parent who was educated, in English, in Canada, in grades school.
The subject can be quite complex, so feel free to contact me should you have other questions. Kirkland, and the other suburban cities around it are all well run towns and attractive places to bring up a young family. For example; Dorval, Pointe Claire, Beaconsfield, Baie Dā€™Urfe and Dollard des Ormeaux. Stay south of highway 40 for the better communities.

I too did, in early July. If we have more people who moved recently, we can arrange for a meetup sometime, perhaps.

1 Like

Hi,

I recently moved to Montreal from US. I drove my car from US. So I have to do the registration for Car and Drivers License in Montreal. Few question,
For Car Registration;

1. I have US license covering my car as of now in Canada. Should I have a Canadian Insurance before I register my car here.
  2. As of now I have a valid US license, do i need to have a Canadian License to register my car in Canada.

For Drivers License,
I have a US valid license with a clean driving record for 3+ years ,

1. Can I exchange my US license for a Quebec License?
  2. Do I have to give any test?

Please advice. Any help is appreciated. Thanks in Advance.

Did you export from US and import the car in Canada?
If not then first you need to import the car with RIV processā€¦
and then need to go for inspection of carā€¦
and then register in your state dmvā€¦
and Yes you need Canadian license and Canadian Insurance to register the carā€¦

Thanks for you reply.
Yes, I did import the car with RIV process. I will be getting the inspection done after my Quarantine.
So to make sure, first I have to get a Canadian License before I go for registration and the Car insurance too should be from a Canadian agency?

Hello! Are you in Montreal as well? Would love to connect.

Hi,

Are you moving to Montreal?