Ghost Update: April 4th 2023
Background Verification Complete: April 4th 2023
Test Invite: April 7th 2023
Test Window: April 17th - May 8th 2023
Test Email Invitation Received: April 12th 2023
Test Taken: April 22nd 2023
Test updated on Tracker as Completed: May 6th 2023
Ghost Update: May 30th 2023
LPP Completed: June 19th 2023 (updated on tracker on June 21st)
Oath scheduled for: July 26th. Updated on my tracker on July 13th, awaiting Oath email instructions.
Oath Email: Received on July 14th with pdf and instructions on Oath ceremony; What to expect on Oath day etc.
Oath Ceremony: Completed on July 26th.

For others who are looking for some details:
My ceremony time was 9 am PST, the entire process took 90 mins. There were close to 80 folks taking oath on the zoom call. At 1030 am, I sent the signature email. Got eCertificate available to download at 130 pm, same day.

Better to request for ecertificate, as I was able to apply for passport same day as ceremony and I got passport next business day.

During my citizenship application, I was outside the country for work. I made sure to go back to Canada to complete my test and the oath even though both are online.

There is this forum which has more information canada citizenship application and tracking

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/

Hey @avj (or anyone else) , I am currently checking out the citizenship application.
How did you go about getting the police clearance certificate (FBI EDO) from US? That process needs you to either visit specific US Post Offices (none in Canada) or mail-in a fingerprint form (which is quite complicated to be done at home).
During the PR application, I was living in US and there was a specific authorized agent who had taken my fingerprints and generated that fingerprint form for me which I had to mail to FBI (to the best of my memory). But that service isnā€™t available in Canada.

Did you have to fly to US to get it done?

You have to do the fingerprinting at home - itā€™s easier than it sounds - and send it in, I donā€™t think thereā€™s another choice.

1 Like

There are Third Party companies who will process FBI fingerprints for you (no guarantees as to acceptance though). This one in BC is reputed - https://commissionaires.bc.ca/ Iā€™m sure there are many others in other parts of Canada (especially in the GTA and GVA).

If you have a US visitor visa, the easiest way would be to book an appointment for fingerprints in a US Post Office close to the border, drive down and get fingerprinting done. The second option is to do fingerprints at home (This is the cheapest option), if FBI reject your prints, then you can find a Third Party to get this done.

But best get this done ASAP as the FBI fingerprints will take atleast a couple of months to process (if a hard copy is submitted), if you can go down the post office route, the Background Check report is all done within the week.

2 Likes

+1 on Commissionaires. There are branches in most major cities in Canada and at the one I went to in Ottawa they had done fingerprinting for this purpose before.

I mailed the fingerprints to the US and got an email response within less than a week, with a PDF that I used in my application. The physical report came in the mail in less than 2 weeks after that.

FYI - hereā€™s my timeline

Processing Office: Niagara
Submitted: June 6
AOR: July 18
Background: July 26
Test Invite: Sep 6
Test: Sep 29
Test Updated: Oct 3
LPP: Oct 3
Oath notification: Oct 16th (ceremony scheduled for Nov 7th)