Background Check taking more time than usual

Hello All,

I have already completed 7 months of AoR. I requested my agent if we can check and they advised that it might further delay the application. Is it true?

No. This is not true. If you want to check the accurate status of your application, you should ask your agent to order GCMS notes. You can do it yourself as well from various vebsites, like gcmsbuddy.com or getgcms.com. Just google. It costs approx Rs 700-1000. It does not impacts the speed of your application positively or negatively.

Actually speaking, ordering gcms might even benefit u bcz ur application will go to their notice instantly and might start working on it as it’s beyond 6 months

Hi all,

My process bar was updated to 17 weeks from 4 Months. Is that expected ? Meaning, the time frame has been changed from Months to Weeks? Let me know.

My AOR is January 15th 2019.

Timeline of my application looks similar

Applied from India
ITA - October 22
Application submitted - October 30
AOR - October 31
Medical passed - 1 December
138 days since I received AOR
43 days remaining for the process
Waiting for PPR

ITA -october 22
Application submission - 30 october
AOR - 31st October
Medical passed - 1st December
133 days since I got AOR
43 days remaining to complete the process

Waiting for PPR

this is normal

It took us 168 days from AoR to receive PPR. Hope you get yours soon.

1 Like

This is still in the right time frame, I got it when there were 14 days remaining, The trend that i have seen based on immitracker and friends who have applied is all the applications are getting processed in the last 30 days. I hope you get it soon

2 Likes

Help !

My organization has decided to file for my H-1B application for this year (2019-2020). I am aware of the fact that once my H-1B is filed then I shall not travel internationally as it will abandon my application.

Now, I am waiting for PPR, estimated date as per CIC is April 20, 2019. Now if I get PPR by May then send it back by May end then how many days will I have to make a soft landing ?

Since my meds are also expiring on September 20, 2019, I believe that would be my Visa expiration date. What if my application gets delayed and meds are expired by then, will CIC ask for another set of Medicals ??

Thanks

I’m assuming you are referring to your H1 applicaiton being delayed when you say this:

If you get a PPR, the expiration date on CoPR will be a couple of days to the right or left of 20th septmeber 2019, and IRCC WILL NOT extend or issue a fresh PPR ( as in, ask for new medicals and issue a new PPR). That’t what is stated on my CoPRdocuments that they won’t extend PPR under any circumstances.

@siddEE,

I meant my Canadian PR application gets delayed.

Thanks

yes, if your Meds expire before reaching PPR, CIC most likely will ask for new medicals. What does that have to do with your H1?

That is because, I can’t ravle outside of US before my H-1B gets approved. Moreover, my F-1 visa is getting expired on May 20, 2019. So even if I get my PPR on time and I would have to come to Canada for my PR card (CoPR) then I wouldn’t be able to come.

In my case, I am hoping that my PPR gets delayed so I have some time to get my H-1B visa approved and stamped and then get CoPR.

Its kind of a bit messy.

So are you currently on OPT ? if yes, then avoid getting h1b and move to canada for good when you get a chance.

1 Like

@dskhokhar,

Yes, I am on OPT but I can’t tell my employer about Canada PR card and subsequently can’t ask them to stop my H-1B process.

But in general Canada PR applications are getting delayed right ? I was asked to submit some extra documents for my background check.

Thanks

I got mine in 4 months. Mine completion date was May 14th 2019. To answer your question, yes processing times have increased lately especially if it is being processed at Montreal office. Then it can go upto 7-8 months.

Ask your employer to do Consular processing. That way to trigger your H1 you will have to travel outside USA for stamping. Since, your medical is expiring by 20 Sep, 2019, you can plan such that you travel to Canada around that time, stamp your H1 in Canada, also do your First PR soft landing. You will have to take around 2 weeks off if you plan properly.

I am assuming your H1 will be approved and you will also get your COPR by that time.

Everyone,

General Question : How Medical expiration date is considered ? Is it 12 months from the day , I got my medicals done from a clinic or when I got an update on my CIC profile that “my medical has been passed” ?

TIA

12 months from when your physician updates the medical results, I guess. I gave my medicals on Oct19, 2018 and I got CoPR till 23Oct, 2019