Can I have multiple NOCs and what is the NOC for my profile?

Hey guys, I need some help in identifying the NOC skill type for my profile.

So one of the points in CRS calculator is this:

“In the last 10 years, how many total years of skilled work experience do you have?
It must have been paid, full-time (or an equal amount in part-time), and in only one occupation (NOC skill type 0, A or B).”

I tried going through the NOC list here but need some help to narrow down.

Can someone help me identify what NOC can I choose for these roles I have done in the last 10 years:

1. Software development, programmer (no idea which one to pick for this)
  2. Management consultant (this is NOC 1122, right?)
  3. Entreprenuer (no idea which one to pick for this)
  4. Product Manager (can I pick 0211 for this?)

Appreciate the help in advance.

Primary NOC Code and impact

You can pick multiple NOCs with one primary NOC and you can claim years of work experience for work that match those NOCs. For example if you decide to go with your software developer title then your NOC number is one of this list (Link Below). You will need proof for work letters for all the NOCs

Additionally the years of experience you claim must be “within the 10 years before you apply” and you can claim points of a maximum of 3 years of work outside Canada.

NOC Numbers of Software Engineer

NOC Number of Software Developer

You can pick multiple NOCs (One primary) with at least 1 year of experience in the last 10 years.

Keep in mind there are two sets of points the first set is ensure you are eligible for FSW and the second is CRS that gets you your PR. For FSW eligibility only your primary NOC counts. For CRS you can add multiple NOCs 0/A/B but you will have to back them up with proof of work letters.

Skilled work exprience

Two NOC codes and how to represent on Express Entry Profile

Vik - Great, that makes sense… just 1 more thing - is there any NOC which people typically claim for entreprenuership experience? Titles that are relevant for me are founder, co-founder, etc., but could not find anything like that in the NOC list.

Just wanted to understand if there are others in a similar situation, and what they are doing for that

No worries ask as many questions as you life. I’m sure they will be useful to others too. I’m almost certain there is no NOC for entrepreneur but there are for senior management. Technically if you founded a successful company and ran it then you could claim a senior manager position.

On an related note, getting a Canadian Job offer for a NOC 00 position gives you 200 extra points on your PR application.

NOC 0013 - Senior Managers

@vik
Vik,
Thank you for the answers. Another question on work experience: my engineering bachelors is in Mechanical and work experience is a mix of SW product management, and IT consulting before I completed my MBA from the US in 2013-2015. My current role will be in Solutions Consulting/Architecture in a start-up in the Bay area.
My question is: for work experience purpose do we have to back that up with a related graduate and post-graduate education? I am assuming a lot of Indian professionals currently working in IT or SW have bachelors degree in non-computer science streams such as mechanical, electrical, and civil. What is your suggestion in such cases?

Work experience is not related to your education. You prove your years of work experience and that your title matches the NOC with a proof of work letter from your employer. You get separate points for your level of education.