Hi, I wasn’t able to make my landing in Canada due to COVID restrictions. In the meantime my COPR expired in July. This week I got an email from CIC to take the medical test again (old one was more than a year ago). Did anyone else with expired COPR get the same message? My IELTS also expired some time ago. Will they ask me to take IELTS again?
That’s what I was afraid of. It almost feels like taking advantage of situation. In this situation we end of paying extra $1200 for family medical check. Not sure when will they start accepting soft landing.
Who’s taking advantage of which situation?
If you check these forums, they’ve been accepted both regular and soft landings.
There hasn’t been a single published report of someone denied permission to complete their landing on any of the border crossings.
I see until September 8th people did soft landing. I haven’t seen any reports after that. Given that IRCC has clearly stated against soft landing on their website, they reserve rights to deny soft landing. It’s at risk of applicant. It might turn up to be a waste of flight cost.
I am sure that there will be so many people like us in similar situation. My medical will expire in November. I believe in some posts people got their medical extended for COPR as there was a delay from CIC. Would folks share their experience here?
- When was your original medical test done?
- Was your COPR approved prior to March 18, 2020?
- Did you contact IRCC through the Webform that you are ready to travel or did they send you the email by themselves?
Asking because we’re in a similar boat (want to move permanently, but COPR expired in Aug '20 and haven’t heard back from IRCC after letting them know our plans to travel through the Webform).
From here, it looks like a medical re-assessment is inevitable. Not sure about IELTS.
My COPR and medical will expire jn December. I notified IRCC, using their webform, that I am willing to travel for soft landing. They ask me to avoid travelling unless I am planning to permanently move. They said they will let me know of further actions. @shwitzu mentioned above that he received notification from IRCC to get medical done again.
I notified IRCC that I want to permanently move to Canada on Sept 17th. My CoPR expired in May 2020 and it was issued in June 2019 (medicals around the same time). They asked me to send passport for re stamping. They did NOT ask me to take medical test again. I believe it has to do with how soon you are moving/traveling.
Thanks for sharing! Considering there are very few people (whose COPR has expired) have heard back from IRCC after letting them know that they’re ready to move permanently, this is great to hear in terms of what one can expect. Congratulations!
Did you get any feedback on this?
@shwitzu Hello! I am in the same boat as you currently. I emailed the IRCC with a detailed plan of how I would like to move to Canada permanently a few weeks ago. There was no news until now and a few days ago I received a note from IRCC acknowledging my email to them stating that they are looking into the information provided and would keep us posted with the next steps. Please note my COpr expired in May 2020 and I had informed the IRCC that I would be unable to travel due to pandemic. This morning - I received a note from IRCC stating my application status has been updated only to find out that that they have requested new medical records.
Did you finally get your medicals done again? Your response would help me tremendously. Thank you in advance!
I am in the exact same situation as you are except I haven’t received a request to do the medicals again yet. I am pretty sure I will get it at some point.
If it’s not too much trouble and if you don’t mind, can you please share what you included/sent to IRCC in your detailed plan of how to move to Canada permanently.
Your help is greatly appreciated.
Can you please take a moment to respond to my question? I’d greatly appreciate it.
“I am in the exact same situation as you are except I haven’t received a request to do the medicals again yet. I am pretty sure I will get it at some point.
If it’s not too much trouble and if you don’t mind, can you please share what you included/sent to IRCC in your detailed plan of how to move to Canada permanently.”
Hello - apologies for the very late reply. I sent the a little table stating as our “Quarantine plan” to the IRCC detailing out my plan. Please note that when I sent this plan via web form - I had already had a refundable Airbnb booking which I also attached in the web form.Please find these details below. Hope this helps. Let me know of any additional questions.
So nice of you to provide these details. I am a different situation, me and my husband are about to get our visas and COPR in a week. However, the Canada web clearly says we can’t land even with valid COPR if this is issued after March/2020. I am very confused why they would then issue visas if we can’t land and what is the solution? should we wait till our COPR expires and apply again like yourself? appreciate your help.
Thank you so much for sharing this. I appreciate it very much!
You did not have to share any leasing agreement or job offer related documents?
That’s surprising but encouraging.
Hope you had a wonderful weekend!