COPR expiry on May 7th, 2020 - Require an advice!

any further update on your COPR extension.

@shashi834 : None so far.

Hello everyone,

I too have my CoPR expired due to Covid-19. After raising the webform for extension, recieved their generic response.

Read an online article regarding CoPR extensions. Looks like they will extend it electronically for those approved on or before March 18, 2020.

Link: https://www.cicnews.com/2020/10/thousands-of-would-be-canadian-permanent-residents-stranded-abroad-1016093.html

This should give us hope that IRCC will reach out to us soon.

Hello! I emailed the IRCC with a detailed plan of how I would like to move to Canada permanently a few weeks ago. There was no news until now and a few days ago I received a note from IRCC acknowledging my email to them stating that they are looking into the information provided and would keep us posted with the next steps. Please note my COpr expired in May 2020 and I had informed the IRCC that I would be unable to travel due to pandemic. This morning - I received a note from IrCc stating my application status has been updated only to find out that that they have requested new medical records.

Hi! Thanks for sharing your experience. I was wondering if you had any further updates on this? It seems I’ll be in the same boat soon.

Thanks!