Education Credentials Assessment (ECA) for all degrees?

Yes your understanding is correct. Points are for highest degree achieved. Often what happens is people send their US degrees to WES and are then working to send their BE degrees but WES does the evaluation and sends the result says “Admission requirements - Bachelor’s degree” this means that you have completed your Bachelors degree.

If you have two Masters degree’s say in Chemical Engineering and Computer Science then you can get points for both. Bot then you would need to get both evaluated.

2 Likes

Thanks @anon25417004. This makes my life easier :slight_smile:

I understand that each applicant (primary and their spouse) will have to create a separate WES profile. The Express entry profile will then have two WES reference numbers to link against. Is this understanding correct?

Yes the express entry profile will promoted for the ECA details in the education section when you mention “Yes” for ECA Done. When filling the section for your spouse there will be a similar education section for their ECA details.

1 Like

Hi
I have Masters and bachelors degrees and both from India ,do i need to get evaluation for both or only masters?
thanks

Only Masters. Refer to the current thread as well as http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=991&top=29

Hello everyone,
I read on another page that colored copies of marksheets is required for assessment of Bachelor’s degree. Is that true or will B&W do?

You need transcriptsent directly by University or sealed envelope if you send it…
Then final degree copy… add the marksheets too if you want… BW copies are fine

@puneet.sharma035 Were you able to get the ECA done attaining a result =Canadian Masters degree with just mailing only your USA MS transcript ?

[I’m trying to get an understanding as I also hold an MS in EE from USA and B-Tech in ECE from India]

Yes @HarshaPagadala, you need to only send your MS transcripts from US, and it will be evaluated just fine.

Quick Question:

I have done semester 1 of my masters in University A and completed the rest in University B and also received the degree from here.

University B’s transcript has the information that I transferred the credits from University A, I didnt explicitly send my transcript over to wes

When I spoke to WES they told me that you can remove the credential since you did not get a degree there - just want to get this validated from community.

@avj I read in a post that you have done masters here, do you know any information on this or have you heard of any such cases.

Thank you

I am not sure about the case of transferred credits but since you were not actually awarded a degree from University A, it should be alright for you to withdraw that and just mention University B, especially if WES is saying that it is okay. You also mentioned that the University B transcripts list the credits which were transferred so you should be fine.

I think @avj is currently busy for a day or two so you can probably wait until Monday to get a confirmation from him.

1 Like

Thank you @mrandmrs , will wait for a confirmation from anshul as well

Post 1 month applying to WES, my case was kept on hold last week as they want my 4 year B-Tech certificates too which was from India. When I called WES, they asked me to send a message from their contact page requesting to remove bachelor’s degree details from my WES account and I did send them a message. But today the same WES sent a mail saying “Applicants submitting a Master’s Degree or Postgraduate Diploma for evaluation, must also provide bachelor’s degree and WES cannot complete an evaluation without these documents. The only exceptions where your bachelor’s degree documents are not required are: Master of Education, Master of Engineering, Master of Philosophy, and Master of Technology.”

This is strange, where WES is requesting doc’s differently from person to person and not sure why USA Master of Science degree isn’t added to their list of exceptions.

1 Like

Try another agency concurrently (BCIT, Univ. or Toronto etc.) and see what they say.

Thanks for posting this. Hopefully people will read his before submitting Docs to WES.

What is the timeline for getting only Masters degree from US evaluated compared to getting both Master and Bachelors ( India ) evaluated ?

Depends on how slow the Indian university is in mailing the transcript. Otherwise it’s almost the same.

Thanks for the information

Hi Harsha,

Did you get any response from other agencies? Did they also asked about your bachelor degree.

Thanks,
Vivek