Experience Letter - Indian IT Consulting Companies

Does the letterhead have company address?

Yes it does but its not the same address i worked in

Hi all,

Can anybody guide me through the procedure of obtaining reference letters from TCS for ex employees? TIA:)

Raise a ticket on TCS Alumni portal or email them at corporate.exempverification@tcs.com
In my case the response to the ticket came little longer compared to the email.

@vignesh.pr
@avj
Hi guys. I am currently employed in the US with an IT consulting firm and have worked at multiple client locations. My question is, should the experience letter include the locations where exactly I have worked at? (paystubs reflect where I have resided and it doesn’t corresponds to the address where my employer is actually located). My employer holds my Visa and I work at client sites which is different from the location of his office.

Your employer pays you, correct? The letter can summarize that. Primary location should be the company’s address. Because clients can change, as it happens in consulting.

Hi @kapilchandra. Am in the same situation. My employment reference letter has the company’s address, but I haven’t worked in that location. In the work history section, I have given the city and state of my employer as in Employment reference letter. But, in my personal history section, I have provided the city where I actually worked from. Is this the right approach? Can you please let me know what path you have taken.

@avj @vignesh.pr @mrandmrs Any thoughts here please

Don’t over think It. Your company will always have its headquarters elsewhere. MT previous company’s headquarters is in NYC. Employee letter came with NYC address but no where on my profile have I noted down working in NYC.

The immigration officers are not going to question or doubt this. You are being honest and transparent here.

@vignesh.pr

Thanks for the response Vignesh. Here’s my detailed situation. I worked in 3 cities for the same employer.

So my work history section should be something like below?

Duration -------------------------Job title----------------------------Employer
May 2017-Nov 2018----------JAVA dev-----------------------ABC employer
Nov 2018-Aug 2019----------JAVA dev-----------------------ABC employer
Aug 2019- March 2020------JAVA dev-----------------------ABC employer

Each entry corresponds to the city that i worked in. I worked in total 3 cities, therefore made 3 entries.

If the system asks me for 3 different employment letters since I have 3 entries, can I upload the same letter for all 3 entries? I have a single reference letter for the entire duration with a consolidated list of job responsibilities.

Wait, did you ever have a base location or did you just move to these cities?

When I was consulting I would fly back on Thursday’s so my home address became my work location. In your case as long you clearly indicated you worked for the same company across different cities that should be fine.