Express Entry application timeline and CRS related questions

Hi ,

Thank you for your suggestion.

Also, I would like to add I am yet to send my wife’s Bachelor transcripts to WES. So, it may tale 1.5 month to get that. Do you advise to wait? Because without her WES, I am getting only 444 points.

Can I get a chance to update my profile with her WES later to gain 8 more points to make it 452?

regards,
Venkata

You can start the application without adding her education and submit the profile. If the next draw is less than 444, you can get through. If it stays above 444, you can add her education to the profile once her ECA is available.

1 Like

@rsms - I am glad to find someone who is from construction field. It would be really appreciated if you could provide the current status of your PR application here. For some reason I thought there was a specific NOC code for construction estimators. To give you a quick background about my (our) PR application:

1. Me & my spouse are from Architecture / Construction industry from India and has Masters from US & UK. We live in the US and working since ~2010 (~8 years of US exp).
  2. We are tired of uncertain US immigration rules & decided to move to Canada.
  3. I am the primary applicant & received the ITA on July 15th 2018.
  4. Submitted our application (eAoPR) with all the documents including medicals on Sep 13th 2018.
  5. Patiently waiting for updates and hopefully Passport request (PPR) will arrive.
    Thanks!

@arte I am pleasantly surprised to find fellow AEC industry folks in the same boat as me. My wife and I are done with ECA, IELTS, Indian PCC, but after that we have slowed down a bit. Although we are eligible and likely to get an ITA, but I have not even submitted my express entry application yet. Looking to do it soon. There is NOC code 2234 for construction estimators specifically but it is under skill level B. Although it qualifies for FSWP, I am not sure if skill level A has more weight over skill level B.

What NOC did you end up using for your application?

@rsms - It is rare to find someone in our industry in the Canada immigration websites / blogs!! I am a construction manager (B.Arch & MS Construction Management) and hence used 0711. So far I have not seen any information which says a specific skill level is better than other.

@rsms - Did you get a PCC from USA? You may also want to get the medical exam scheduled. The CIC authorized doctor is booked for days!

@arte Ya got PCC from Indian consulate in Atlanta. Received it within a week of applying. Have you started looking for jobs in Canada yet? If so how is it going?

Great! We have just started online research on jobs. We will start the job search in detail after we have the PPR!.