Express Entry Profile Question

Hello guys,

What should I answer for the following questions ?

1. Some jobs are regulated in Canada. You would need a license or certification to practice these jobs. Do you know if your primary occupation or trade is regulated?

My NOC – 2133

1. For my current company, I worked for first 4 months as a contractor (Sept.2016-Jan 2017). But Current Employer is giving following reference letter. So, what should I mention in the application? should I mention that staffing company’s name for those 4 months of employment or just current employer?

**TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN: **

Mr. XYZ, as a Controls engineer, has been working with ABC since September 2016, first as a Contractor and since January 17, 2017 as a regular full-time ABC employee. As a full-time employee, he is mainly responsible for electrical and control system designs for various industrial applications and develop logic using X and Y software. As a Controls Engineer, he is working 40 hours per week and currently earning around $XXX,XXX per year. Besides salary, he is also receiving other benefits such as 2 weeks of paid vacation per year, extended health plan, dental plan etc.

I’m happy to provide further information if required.

1. Is above reference letter good for express entry ? (This is from my current employer)

@avj @mrandmrs @vik

Thank you.

1. https://www.cicic.ca/928/find_out_if_your_occupation_is_regulated_or_not.canada
  2. The current employer is OK.
  3. I don’t think it’s good enough. The job duties and responsibilities isn’t detailed enough; applications have gotten rejected due to this. Make sure it’s bullet points, roughly matches NOC and is detailed.

Thank you @avj for your response. :slight_smile:

Hello @avj
How about this format for Reference letter? Is it necessary to mention salary and Benefits in letter ? Because I did not have any benefits from this company.

To whom it may concern,

I am pleased to provide this letter to certify that XXXX has been employed by Company Name from March 2010 to Sep, 2014. He had held the position of a ABC, during this period and was working minimum of 40 hours per week. In his role, his main responsibilities and duties included:

• XXX
  • YYY
  • ZZZ

For further information please do not hesitate to contact me,

Sincerely,

Signature

Name
Position of the Manager

If you can mention the salary and benefits in the letter, it would be helpful but even if you don’t, you can attach pay stubs. Salary slips are optional so the letter format which you have mentioned here should be adequate.

1 Like

Thank you for your response @mrandmrs.

It has to be a paid job so yes mentioning salary is probably mandatory (or at the minimum, mention that you were paid and add paystubs etc.). They dont care about benefits. Make sure job duties are similar to NOC you applied with. Apart from that it looks OK.

1 Like