FBI EDO is Here! - Fast Online USA Police Clearance

Yes the email with
Your Order number is: xxxxxx
Your payment verification code is: xxxxxx

2 Likes

I think somewhere mentioned that CIC/IRCC needs a police report within last 90days?
is that not true anymore?

I don’t recall CIC website stating such a limit. When I applied, I got my FBI clearance in Dec 2016, but then I had to resubmit my application in April 2017. I used the same certificate and it worked.

I think the date requirements on the report are:

• Within the last 6 months for the country you are currently residing in.

• Any time after your last residence in a country where you have had a substantial (> 6 months cumulative) residence in the past.

Source:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/medical-police/police-certificates/about.html

Oh I missed that point. Thanks for clearing that up.

Thanks… Sorry I mixed two things… Now i found the post where he told about 90 days.

The timing can be tricky. Once you get an invite you have 90 days to submit all police clearances. We needed three for India, Singapore and the US. By far US was the slowest the delay was documented on the FBI website and attributed to some kind of system upgrade work in progress.

So I think he meant once we get ITA we have 90 days to submit FBI clearance… so he meant we should get FBI clearance done as soon as possible when submitting the profile or just before submitting the profile to meet that 90 days deadline as FBI takes two months to give results…

But I thought 90 days older FBI clearance… my mistake :slight_smile:

Anyways now its clear that it has to be within last 6 months as you guys posted above…
and Now you have 48 hours results option… So i think we will be good to apply for it once we are in the week when we will submit our profile finally… Right?

Actually, We are still waiting for ielts and ECAs because of delayed efforts and dates.

thanks janaab…
is fees still same $50 per person?

The new system is super fast. Mailed my fingerprint card on tuesday. fbi received it on thursday. few hours later my report was ready.

Thanks a lot @acheema for the update. I had mailed my fingerprints a month back and was prepared to wait a couple more months. But after seeing your post mailed them again two days back . Luckily I had a copy of the fingerprints, so no expense.

Got the reply yesterday night and the report. Awesome.

Btw, will they be sending a hard copy too? Right now I can access the pdf online, and that’s it

1 Like

Hi! I got the same email but there’s no attachment in it. May I ask where did you find your report? I tried looking online but find no results. Many thanks!

Hi! Where did you find your report/access link? I got the email but there’s no attachment or access link. Thanks!

Hi @waterwater98 You need to go to the FBI website and login using the same process you did earilier.

@anon25417004 is it possible to make this a sticky? or come up top? This is freaky fast. Fingerprints reached yesterday, and got the clearance today.

@waterwater98 Go to the original email which has the pin number, there will be a link in that email. Click on that and enter your pin, you will see the status / report.

@fzansari They should be sending you a hard copy as well, unless you specified not to send one.

1 Like

I updated the “Read me first” guide it originally pointed to the old FBI process. Thanks for tip.

2 Likes

Hi

I have few questions on the finger print form we need to send to FBI. Sorry about too many questions. Just wanted to be sure before sending the card. Thanks in Advance

1. We should send the “standard fingerprint form (FD-258)” right? Reason I am asking is, the form instruction says purpose of “Employment, Licensing” etc but no mention of immigration. Hope IRCC accepts this report from FBI for US Police clearance?

2. The field “RESIDENCE OF PERSON FINGERPRINTED” is the current USA Residence address right?

3. the field “EMPLOYER AND ADDRESS”. Do we need to fill or just leave it blank since this is not for employment check?

4. I think the field “SIGNATURE OF OFFICIAL TAKING FINGERPRINTS” will be left blank too if we are taking our fingerprints ourselves?

5. The field “REASON FINGERPRINTED” . Should I say “Immigration Purposes” ?

6. The field “YOUR NO”, do we have to fill that? If yes what should be filled?

1 Like
  1. Yes FD-258 is the standard fingerprint card. Use only black ink to write on it. They accept the report that is generated by the FBI once you apply online though eDO and then submit this card by mail.

2. Yes

3. You can fill it in.

4. Don’t take your own fingerprints please goto a local certified professional. Just search Yelp for fingerprinting.

5 & 6. Please apply online through FBI eDO these questions will be answered there.

2 Likes

FD-258 has a bunch of fields most of whom were already filled in the online form. Do we need to fill them again in the FD-258 form?

Yes, only the fields that you can fill.

How long is FBI report valid for??
I took one in February and I am expecting my invitation this month.
Should i get another one ??

Thats less than 6 months I think you’re fine.