FBI Verification & Fingerprinting (IdHSC)

Thank you for your kind response.

I was able to find a local store and did my fingerprinting. They did not fill out “Employer and Address” and said that would be up to me. Is this a required field to be filled out? Any thoughts?

Thanks!

I think the store owner filled that section out for us but I don’t know if it is a required field. Anshul took his own fingerprints so he may have left it blank. @avj, any thoughts?

Can we take fingerprints on fingerprint cards now and keep with us and ship it after 1 month…?
or cards have some kinda expiry date that fingerprints can become dull?

Also do we need to send these for verification for kids also?

Employer name and address is just your current employer name and address.

I don’t know about that, I sent it immediately. It doesn’t really say anything about expiry.

For the most part it should be fine to hold it for a month just store it safely and don’t put stuff on top. After all FBI takes over a month to get to your card. Keep in mind they are very slow and take a long time so factor that into your timeline.

Do we need inked fingerprint cards or printed will also work?

I am checking my local sheriff county office website and it says following:

“We are only able to generate electronic fingerprint cards and no longer have the capability to do inked fingerprints.”

and
Do we need fingerprint cards for child also?

So please suggest

You don’t have to goto the local county sheriff there are always certified fingerprinters around just yelp. I’m not familiar with “electronic fingerprint cards” this is what the FBI site says. You don’t need police clearance for kids under 18.

• Your fingerprints should be placed on a standard fingerprint form (FD-258) commonly used for applicant or law enforcement purposes. The FBI will accept FD-258 fingerprint cards on standard white paper stock.

• If possible, have your fingerprints taken by a fingerprinting technician. This service may be available at a law enforcement agency.

• Fingerprints taken with ink or via live scan are acceptable.

2 Likes

Hi @anon25417004,

Could you please let me know what was the process you followed to get Police Clearance Certificate from Singapore? Since I have worked for 1 year in Singapore, I believe that I need one too. Thanks!

Sorry for the delayed reply I somehow missed this question. Singapore police clearance is very easy and they are very responsive over email too.

Here are the details of the process on the CIC website.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/medical-police/police-certificates/how/singapore.html

In short you goto the Singapore police website and apply for a “certificate of clearance” you will need to dig up your SingPass and/or Foreign Identification Number. The rest of the required documents are on the Singapore police website (link below) and on the CIC website (link above)

http://www.police.gov.sg/e-services/apply/certificate-of-clearance

Finally they have a detailed FAQ I recommend you take a look at it first especially the questions around non-citizens applying from overseas.
http://www.ifaq.gov.sg/SPF/apps/fcd_faqmain.aspx#FAQ_182218

Thanks @anon25417004! Appreciate your quick response

In the FBI application form,last four digits of SSN is a mandatory field.My wife is on H4 visa nad hence have NO SSN. What should I fill in for her?

You should just leave it blank.

1 Like

Your post is really helpful and I decided to take fingerprints by myself. So should I just leave this line “SIGNATURE OF OFFICIAL TAKING FINGERPRINTS” blank? Great thanks!!!

My H4 extension is pending and I do not have a state ID, Will USPS accept my passport? Has anyone been in the same situation before? Please let me know what did you do to get the fingerprints. Thanks in advance.