Geting my CAR shipped to Canada -- A wise decision?

Thank you, even I was also thinking the same. Yes my car do have DRL but I can turn off as it has feature available, can you please suggest how this can be done.

In RIV Website, this has been mentioned "At federal inspection, the RIV will also verify that vehicle is equipped with functional daytime running lamps.", but it doesn’t mention that it needs to be always turn on. I also called RIV and they said you can import your car as it matches under ADMISSIBLE section. Now, I am confused how to move forward.

So for the RIV importation, they don’t check anything at the border. You can import your vehicle even if it doesn’t have DRL.

After importation RIV issues you the Form 2. You take this to an inspection center (for federal inspection) where they check for compliance and I think that the Form 2 comes with a checklist of things that they will check for. Along with the Federal Inspection you also need to get a Provincial Inspection done for which you pay for separately. Your vehicle must pass both the inspections for it to be licensed in the province of your residence.

As for the needed modifications, I’m not an expert on different vehicles and recommend that you check with a dealer or mechanic, for most new cars they are able to program the lights to either always stay on or to be controlled by the instrument panel in the dash.

This is the definition of DRL on wikipedia A daytime running lamp (DRL, also daytime running light) is an automotive lighting and bicycle lighting device on the front of a roadgoing motor vehicle or bicycle, automatically switched on when the vehicle's handbrake has been pulled down or is in drive, emitting white, yellow, or amber light. Their job is not to help the driver see the road but to help other road users see the vehicle. So if you can turn that off, then it doesn’t meet the requirements to be classified as DRL. The reason US spec cars sometimes don’t have DRL or allow you to turn them off is because in the US DRL isn’t required and especially in the southern states where fog and mist aren’t an issue DRL is quite useless.

Yes I agree, I called Canadian Tire and they confirmed a button to turn off in dashobard against DRL doesn’t matter as long as DRL is automatic. Thanks for your help.

Hello, I am in the same situation. My car has a recall that has no remedy available yet. Were you able to export your car?

Hi Everyone,

I’m a new PR planning to drive my car from Seattle to Vancouver with all of my personal stuff in it.
Will I have to pay any tax on the car? Based on my research, I can declare it as a part of my property (or something like that) so that I won’t have to pay any taxes on it. Please let me know if I’m missing something or misunderstood anything.

I have a 2018 Accord fully paid off and no recalls. It has DRL. Do I need anything else?

TIA!