Got Your ITA - A list of documents that you will now have to submit

Thank you, this list helps a lot.

1 Like

Regarding finance, did you go to a separate financial institution / accountant to get all your banks, loans, summarized? Also, did banks provide the average balance for past 6 months? Or did you just get the current balance on their letter head and provide last 6 months statements?

Does having a mortgage and car loan impact the application in anyway? Just curious!

For my bank account, we sent a message to the bank and they provided the 6 month average on their letterhead.
For the credit cards, we have provided the most recent statements to show the balance.
For our investment (401k) accounts, we are providing the 1 year statements showing how the investments have grown.
We are also providing a summary of all our accounts on an additional page. We aren’t going to any accountant.

I don’t think the mortgage or loan should impact the application. They just want to see that you have enough funds to support yourself and are not in too much debt. We don’t have any loans so I am not sure what documents need to be submitted in this case.

2 Likes

Thanks @mrandmrs

Hi there, I am writing in regards to the number 1 document mentioned which is Marriage Certificate. I am basically waiting for my IELTS test date, but I have a question about Marital Status; I currently live in the US and currently separated with my wife as dissolution of marriage will follow. So i am not sure what marital status i should put in my application since we are not moving to Canada together. Should I go with ‘Single’ as my marital status? Because I believe I would have had all I needed to submit my application with CIC before final divorce

I would say be entirely accurate. If you are legally married then choose that if you have completed the legal process and have the documents in hand to prove your status change then choose divorced. Anything else can be considered misrepresentation and you can be a serious issue.

That status is unrelated to who is traveling with you to Canada. You don’t have to include your spouse on the application if you don’t want to. You can select her an non-accompanying spouse so your points will be calculated as single. When you complete the legal process then inform CIC of the change of marriage status so you don’t have to comply with the requirements for an non-accompanying spouse.

Hi,
I am beginning to file for Express Entry and my lawyer asked me to furnish all these documents. Is this common? I thought I needed all this ready only after I get a ITA. Do lawyers require this even to file for Express Entry?

Also, can you please comment on whether I need to provide W2 and employment letters going back 5-8 years. How detailed does the duties and responsibilities need to be?

1. IELTS results (in color)
  2. Confirmation letter of employment must list your duties. Please email me a draft of that letter (or just the list of duties) for my review before you ask your employer to sign it.
  3. I need confirmation letters of employment for each position you held. You can follow your company letter but it MUST include a detailed list of your duties.
  4. For each job you had, we need your employment contracts (signed).
  5. For each job you had, all your W2 (taxes).
  6. For each job you had, paystubs from the start, middle and end of employment.
  7. For you current job, all your paystubs for the past 12 months.
  8. You must undertake a medical examination with a specific doctor called a Panel Physician. Please take an appointment as soon as possible and keep all receipt.
    Please email me the eMedical form you will received. http://www.cic.gc.ca/pp-md/pp-list.aspx
  9. Bank Statements for the past 6 months. I only need one bank account, for the past 6 months, reflecting a current available balance of at least $12,475 CAD. It can be a checking or a saving account – not an investment/credit account.
    10.Digital picture of yourself: from shoulders up and white background.

Hi @hsriniva,

Out of all these, you would only need the IELTS results (#1) and ECA evaluation (not in the list) done before submitting your EE profile. Your lawyers may be expecting you to get an ITA soon after submitting the profile and thus might be asking for the rest of the documents as well.

After ITA, experience letters stating your roles and responsibilities (#2 and #3) are required for all companies that you worked for. #4, #5, #6 and #7 are not mandatory. If you have these, you can provide them. We provided only 3 pay stubs of the most recent employer along with employment letters from all employers.

In order for us to do our medical exams (#8), we had to take a copy of our ITA. We got it done at Fortis in India and they specifically asked us to get the printout of our ITA. Other hospitals may allow it before ITA. Also, once your medical test is done, your one year PR landing validity begins so it is ideal to do it once you receive your ITA. If your score is above 450 and you know that you will be able to get through in the next EE draw then there’s no harm in getting the medical tests before ITA.

For finances (#9), we got the 6 month statement on the bank’s letterhead and we also provided a list of our credit card statements plus our retirement accounts. When submitting the documents for ITA, it asks to list your debts, if any so it is ideal to list the credit cards too. We also made a summary sheet of our finances and provided that to show that we had more than adequate funds to support ourselves in Canada.

There’s no harm in having your picture (#10) available :slight_smile:

3 Likes

The lawyer probably wants you to start collecting all documents because some of them may take time. From #2-#7, CIC expects the reference letter with job duties and responsibilities with all details. In the worst case if you don’t have any other documents you’ll need atleast this letter (per job), or a letter of explanation stating why you weren’t able to get one and proof that you tried. Ideally you need to collect as many as you can from #2-7 (per job). #1,2,8,9, 10 are required. Except the medical test, I would recommend starting to work on all documents asap (You can take medical test before or after ITA, but the later the medical test the longer your visa expiration date).

1 Like

Thanks for complaining this helpful list.
Tactical Question regarding ‘proof of funds’.
We are applying with my wife as the primary applicant since she has a higher score. We have a joint checking account but all our credit cards are issued in my name.
So my question is - For the purpose of proof of funds, I have obtained a stamped bank statement of our joint checking account. But do I need to go ahead and collect all my credit card statements too? Even though they aren’t in my wife’s name (ie Primary applicant’s name).

Hope that makes sense

No credit cards can be excluded.

You don’t have to submit credit card statements. It’s your choice. I did for one of my card but I don’t think it matters.

No punctuation in your message. So, Confirming that you said - No credit cards can be excluded ie. include all your credit cards, (even though they’re in the spouse’s name)

I think he meant you can exclude all credit cards, or any credit cards you like, it’s your wish. I had multiple credit cards and I only submitted one of their statements and it didn’t matter as far as anyone can tell.

I see one of the mandatory document as Birth certificate in IRCC. Whether Passport is fine to prove our date of birth?

You dont need birth certificate, passport is enough.

Do we really need to scan each and every page of passport with any stamp or sign? in addition to first and last page

If I remember it says first 3 and last 2 pages.

if you read the first post on this thread it says:
“If you have a passport, you must provide a copy of:
the page that shows your birth date and country of origin, and any pages with stamps, visas or markings.”

Yes, every page which has any markings needs to be scanned. It should show up in your list of documents too.