Help Needed for score calculation

I am new here want to get some help to calculate my score.

Background

spouse education : Masters
Work experience : 4 years

IELTS score

Listening : 7
Speaking : 7.5
Writing : 7
Reading : 7

My background :

Education : Bachelors
Work experience : 9 years

IELTS score :

Listening :7
Speaking : 7
Writing : 6
Reading : 7

when I calculate the score using Comprehensive Ranking System tool its coming to 406 ( Keeping my spouse as primary applicant )

IETLS score looks decent to me but not sure if I am missing something here ,.

Can someone please help me here ?

The max score you can get from IELTS with a spouse in 128 ( 32 * 4 )

In your case considering your spouse IELTS score is contributing 106 points (L 16 Points R 29, W 29 and Speaking 32)
So basically there is a huge room to add another 16 points from Listening and 6 points from reading and Writing. A Grand Total of 22 points. This will take your score to 428.

Both you and your wife are at CLB 7 If your spouse score goes to CLB 9 or higher

( 1 ) 25 points added under Skill transferability factors section a Official Language proficiency and education

PLUS ADDITIONAL

( 2 ) 25 points added under Skill transferability factors section a Official Language proficiency and foreign work experience

Effectively this add to your score of 406 an important 22 points from IELTS and another 50 from derived effects of a higher band of IELTS. This will take you to 478

Yup, that’s right you moved from 406 to 478 in a flash only if primary applicant manages a better IELTS score.

Hope this helps.

PS: I have assumed the age of primary applicant as 29 years.

1 Like

The Primary applicant needs to score at least L-8, R-7, W-7,S-7 to claim maximum points. One of you may write IELTS again and get atleast this score. You will get additional 50 points for skills transferability.