How to Extend COPR

Hello,

We have received our passports with the visa and the COPR last week and the expiry date is Jan 07 2021. One of my kid has just turned 1 and considering the cases increase for covid, we do not want to travel for atleast next 6 months.

Can someone please let me know how can I request for an extension stating the pandemic reason. Thank you so much!

No issues at all. Nowadays they are sending the automatic response - and you can reach out back to them when you are ready to travel and they will provide instructions.

Sample email below (i got few weeks back, as my CoPR expired last month).

"
Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

The Government of Canada is closely monitoring the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) and any impacts on IRCC clients.

You are outside Canada and your permanent residence application has been approved, but you can’t travel to Canada before your documents expire, or your documents have already expired? Rest assured that you do not need to contact us until you are ready to travel to Canada.

When you are ready to travel to Canada, we invite you to follow the instructions on our website to notify us. We will then tell you what to do next.

For more information on the situation and to receive up-to-date information, we invite you to verify our website.

We hope the information provided is helpful in assisting you with your enquiry.

We would also like to suggest the following online services that might be helpful to you with any immigration, refugee and/or citizenship future requests:

Hi there. Just wanted to let you know that at least so far, the path after one’s COPR+PR Visa expire is quite unclear. There are thousands of us who have followed IRCCs instructions and raised Webforms with proof documents that we are ready to travel and move permanently and have not yet heard back from IRCC. So, it’s a common consensus (at least as of right now) that one must travel and land before documents expire, if they’re eligible to do so.