HSC Documents for WES evaluation

Hello,

I am getting my degree evaluation done from WES.

I have Us masters degree and Indian undergrad degree in engineering .

Just wanted to confirm if I need to send any secondary and higher secondary certificates for this evaluation or not ? (10th and 12th)

No its only the highest degree / diploma awarded which in your case is the US masters degree.

1 Like

Hello!

In the section of “CRS – C. Skill transferability factors”, the best possible category is “Two or more post-secondary prog credentials AND at least one of these credentials was issued on completion of a post-secondary prog of three years or longer”. In order to meet this requirement, wouldn’t one want to get their bachelors degree evaluated as well? Thank you.

I’m assuming you have completed your MS and therefore are asking if it would help to get your BS also evaluated. This question is pretty popular and there is a fair amount of confusion around this.

The way it works is that only your highest credentials are required to be evaluated especially if you have completed your MS. However WES Canada gives you the option of evaluating both degrees. Some people just submit their MS degree if they are unable to get their BS documents on time or if its handy then they send both.

In the end the report will say that you have completed an MS and BS is a prerequisite. You will not get any extra points for both.

1 Like

Hi, thanks for your response. I wanted to make sure I understand your last point of “no extra points for both” correctly.

My question was not in regard to the Level of Education in the section of “A. Core / human capital factors”, but about “CRS – C. Skill transferability factors”, in which there are two possible categories for someone with an MS: “Post-secondary prog credential of one year or longer” and “Two or more post-secondary prog credentials AND at least one of these credentials was issued on completion of a post-secondary prog of three years or longer”. Without getting their BS evaluated, which category should one with an MS consider themselves? The latter one of course offers more points than the former one.

The sections and categories mentioned above can be found via https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/become-candidate/criteria-comprehensive-ranking-system/grid.html

Thank you. I look forward to hearing back!

I ended up calling CIC Customer care and after 1 hour of waiting, they answered me…

If you have US masters degree, then only get that evaluated.

As long as WES report says Masters degree equivalency, CIC would accept it.

If officer needs more information on bachelors degree, he may ask you at later stages but getting it evaluated is not necessary for Express Entry Application

1 Like

Thank you for sharing your experience.

I apologize for being fastidious about this, but just to be crystal clear, if one has an MS from the US, one would be qualified for the category of “Two or more post-secondary prog credentials AND at least one of these credentials was issued on completion of a post-secondary prog of three years or longer”? I just haven’t seen an answer that’s addressed this concern directly. Thanks so much!

No worries I understand the way these things are written in the official docs sometimes needs a double confirmation :smile:

Yes a MS degree would mean you have a MS + BS which are two post secondary prog credentials and the BS required at least 3 to 4 years.