Ideas to improve on this forum

1. Is the community website slow to access from where you are?

2. Would it help to do AMA’s (Ask me anything) with people who have got PR and moved to Canada?

3. Cleanup titles and content for existing posts to help make them more discoverable.

4. Feel free to suggest?

Is the community website slow to access from where you are?

I have been able to access it properly from the US and India.

Would it help to do AMA’s (Ask me anything) with people who have got PR and moved to Canada?

I think people are already contacting each other but an AMA might help so that people don’t keep asking the same questions to the same person.

Cleanup titles and content for existing posts to help make them more discoverable.

I see a lot of posts seem to repeat so cleaning them up would help but it would be a major effort. I am not sure how many people have actually looked at the ‘New Member Guide’.

Feel free to suggest?

Is there a way to merge all related threads? For example, a master thread called IELTS can have sub-threads which are current titles and any newly created titles? I think you are already separating items into categories and allowing people to filter but instead of a filter, may be a master thread would be better? Also, we need more categories for a more granular approach to filtering.

All great suggestions. I’m reading up on forum management in terms of merging and cleaning up threads and rewriting titles. I plan to do some of this soon. I agree making things more discoverable should be the top goal.
I was thinking along similar lines glad I asked as it gives me more confidence to do this project :slight_smile:

1 Like

Happy to help! You have truly created an amazing resource for all of us. Thanks again! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks but it takes a community to make it amazing :slight_smile:

1 Like

I think the cleanup of titles and content is important. Currently the community is pretty self sufficient with a few members keeping up with the posts to guide people to the right thread. I think we should look into compartmentalizing the posts. Maybe bucket by aligning it with the process. i.e. pre EE, After application, ITA, Move.

So that way people can look into the bigger bucket and look for the questions they have there.

Interesting I like that suggestion. I think expanding on the categories and maybe labeling them or making it two levels of categories might do it. I’m working on longer more descriptive titles as I find time.

Also - we should have a thread that outlines what all to do if things don’t work out the way they do. Ex: experience letters in the event company doesn’t provide it what all people generally do. This might help answer questions up front and also avoid the hunt for answers.

Going back to the reach out to answer, I think after getting PR we could identify a few members that are willing to answer questions. Having a overview of their profile and what all they did for the process help.

1 Like

I’m a new member here and this forum is like One stop shop, it has provided me all the necessary information regarding PR process very concisely. As new member this is very important and I was able to do so because this forum is relatively new and very less redundant information. But this may not be the case going forward when more people join and ask redundant questions.

I feel if we have a FAQ section with the possible new member questions and answers, we can save a lot of time for the contributors.

Any possibility to make the forum more active… Very few users are active or reply… Not sure what happened to all other users… Moreover, even active users some times don’t reply to all questions…

Also, it is necessary to make forum categorized into broader topics… information is scattered currently across multiple threads

This exists the FAQ is here. @vignesh.pr good point I’ll try and put one together around hurdles people face.

I agree. I’m also looking out to hire a part time researcher who can research specific details from CIC documentation around lesser know things like PNP etc and answer questions for people who are say not making the cutoff.

I’m working on consolidating the forum, archiving unnecessary threads, merging others and rewriting titles to be more clear.