In Dilemma of Moving and Starting all over again

CLB is between 9 - 10
October 2 Candidates in the Express Entry pool needed a Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) score of 464
I am at 428 :frowning:

Don’t get your PCC for now. It’s good that your ECA is in process.

Play around with the calculator and see how your score will be if IELTS scores improve. If it can go above 440 or 450, then aim for that score. People give multiple attempts and get the required score (friend of mine gave 4 tries and crossed 450).If IELTS dates are not available quickly, you can try CELPIP.

By the time you get the required score, your ECA will be done and you’ll be ready to apply.

If you have maxed out everything, explore the PNP options or higher education in Canada for wife, which will give you an option to work. After 1 year of working in Canada you can apply in CEC (canadian experience class) which instead of FSW

1 Like

in short if i create my profile now
and than select PNP route?
what are the disadvantages going that route?

I did it through FSW, so I’m not sure about the process and what advantages/disadvantages are there in PNP.

Since PNP involves being invited by a province, your initial immigration options are limited to that particular province only. I’m not sure about the costs, but I think there’s a separate set of fees for PNP and it depends on the province.

You can check if there’s any potential to maximize your points elsewhere.

Can you claim more work ex and get additional points?
Can you claim points for prior study or work in Canada?
Can you claim points for Canadian PR/Citizen family member?

Can you get a job offer from a Canadian employer? Tap into your professional network, you may be surprised.

2 Likes

I am planning to take the plunge too, in exact dilemma like you and situation like your wife.

I haven’t read the process fully. But planning to book IELTS dates now.

I did my ECA process last year and took more than one year to book IELTS as I also had same dilemma. This month my wife and me completed IELTS and waiting for results on 6th Dec. In my case I am 36 year old. That means I am already loosing 30 points due to my age before starting the race. Assuming my score 8 and wife 6 ( I am more confident of good score than my wife), CRS score is coming 433. I am not sure If it is good score. I don’t see Wife’s experience ( as secondary applicant) is counted in this calculator. She has 4+ years of experience. Does this mean secondary applicant can only add value only in education and ielts score not experience?

Secondary applicant work experience won’t count in points, I am also in the same situation. I made my wife primary as she gets more points age wise. I suggest you try to analyze the points making your wife primary and target IELTS score of 8777 with 8 in listening. We had to appear IELTS 4 times to hit 8777 score which will give maximum points. IELTS score is pretty critical here and has lot of weightage. Game changer is IELTS score.

IELTS improvement is one major factor, but also look at the following options in this post:

I too agree, PNP is also a good option to consider as it add 600 points. It will add some more cost and time but worth considering it.

Regarding work experience for primary applicant, CRS calculator says 3 or more as last option. Does this mean anything more than 3 years does’t fetch any points? As per this link (https://www.nationwidevisas.com/canada-immigration/canada-pr-points-required/) , we can get the maximum amount of points by having a work experience of over 6 years.

Correct. Any thing 3 or more years experience has the same points.

I am trying my best to get offer letter from my company for Canada Branch. They are willing to explore this. But It would take time. I will get my IELTS score on 6th Dec. ECA is already done. If I create my EE profile now, shall I edit it once I get offer letter ? Will score be changed once I update offer details? Any suggestions on how to go about it.

yes, once you have ECA and IELTS done, enter your profile in EE making sure you tick yes to PNP.

If you are lucky, you might get PNP nomination before Offer letter from Canadian employer.

OH! PNP- Whats that? My company in Canada is located in Vancouver. . I have to resign my Bangalor office and join if I get offer letter. They may take their own sweet time. You mean I should create EE profile and wait . . Whenever I get offer letter i should update existing EE profile ?

UPDATE 2020

Profile Submitted in CIC and is Accepted
This is what it says right now

What am I eligible for?

Federal Skilled Worker |Met|
Provincial Nominee Program |Not Met|
Canadian Experience Class |Not Met|
Federal Skilled Trades |Not Met|

So all I can now do is WAIT?

Why do you have to wait? May be I am missing something. You can go ahead and prepare documents for the express entry profile (federal skilled workers stream).

Wait because my points are not near the 450’s ,which is why i think i wont get picked
Only option is PNP

Got it

Well, I am also on same boat. Profile submitted yesterday but score is not near cut off. I have to look for PNP programs.

1 Like