In person submission/recpetion of Passport for COPR at New York VAC

Good Morning,

Has any submitted or received the COPR stamped passport in Person from New York VAC. So this is the mail i received. After there was a request to send it to the Ottawa office,

Dear Bharat Chandra Penumutchu:

The processing of your application appears complete at this time. Please submit the required passport(s) within 30 days to the Visa Application Center at the address listed below as the issuance of your visa is time sensitive. A service fee is applicable.

Visa Application Centre – New York # PLEASE NOTE THIS IS NOT THE CURRENT ADDDRESS PLEASE SCROLL DOWN
290 Madison Ave,2nd fl.
(41st Street & 40th Street)
New York, NY 10017
U.S.A.

< Out put cut for brevity>

The VAC Website talks about in person delivery…Is there any way to do that.

Thanks
Bharat C P

IMPORTANT UPDATE ON THIS SPECIFIC CVAC

• This CVAC is NOT THE CVAC currently a chiropractor operates out of the same location.

• Also checked with the USPS serving the zip code if the CVAC exists there, and they confirmed that @290 Madison Avenue is not the CVAC.

• Website Archive site Wayback machine indicated the CVAC website @290 Madison Avenue has closed since November 2nd 2018. As you can see wrong ful address is provided.

*Also official tweet from IRCC reveals the current CVAC. Also the CVAC at LA or NY offer in person pickup CVAC if passport is submitted in person .

• One can find the nearest CVAC using this link .

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/contact-ircc/offices/find-visa-application-centre.html?utm_source=slash-vac&utm_medium=short-url&utm_campaign=generic

IMPORTANT UPDATE ON IN PERSON SUBMISSION/PICKUP AT NEW YORK CVAC.

Timeline for PPR to COPR

a) Jan 20th 2020 PPR instructions to send to Ottawa.
b) Jan 21st 2020 request for submitting Passport to New York City VO.
c) Got mail on Jan 24th 2020 for instructions sending Passport to New York City CVAC( Canadian Visa Application Center)
d) Found that old New York CVAC address was given @290 Madison Avenue 2nd Floor (currently a chiropractor operates at that location) .
e) Went to New York City to submit the passport in person at the new New York CVAC @145 W 45th Street 4th floor. All they needed was the original PPR email, even though it is from Ottawa. Submitted my passport in person at New York CVAC on 01/31/2020. Requested for in person pickup.
f) On 01/31/2020 the CVAC transmitted my application to New York VO.
g) On 02/03/2020 the New York VO, started processing of my application.
h) On 02/05/2020 the New York VO approved my application and dispatched my passport with COPR on the same day.
i) CVAC sends me an update on 02/06/2020, saying my passport is ready for pickup in person.
j) I picked up my package in person from VFS New York in person on 02/07/2020. The contents are my passport with a stamped visa (surprisingly the Visa does not have my photo embedded in it DO NOT BE STARTED IT SEEMED THIS IS COMMON PRACTICE FOR ALL CANADIAN VISAS), 2x COPR Letters with my photograph affixed on one of them which is the IRCC Copy. (DO NOT SIGN ON THIS YET, IT IS MEANT TO BE SIGNED AT THE BORDER IN THE PRESENCE OF THE OFFICER AT THE PORT OF ENTRY). The Congratulatory COPR letter which can also be found in your portal as soon at they officially approve your application.

Right New York CVAC address

145 W 45th St 4th floor
New York, NY 10036

Website

https://www.vfsglobal.ca/canada/usa/how_to_apply.html

Thanks
Bharat C P

1 Like

Also if you want to request Ottawa to change you VO anywhere where a Consulate is there. Please sent mail to.

CPC-CTD-Ottawa@cic.gc.ca

Thanks
Bharat C P

Thanks Bharat for sharing the information.
I received my PPR email and requested for change of my passport submission to nyc cvac.
Received the letter in my account in one day on 14th feb.
Submitted my passports to nyc cvac on 18th and it went into processing the same day
Got my passports on 28th Feb