Is GCMS useful?

A lot of USA based applications go to this office and its random. I was in IP1 until the date I got my PPR. For me IP2 and PPR were on the same day!

Recently one of my friends found out that his file is located at Montreal and he has also crossed 6th months. when he asked the reason he was told that it was due to workload redistribution.

@arun.dash90: How did you figure out that your application went to Montreal for processing ?

Through the GCMS notes I had ordered after three months post AOR.

I have been on this forum since Sept 2017, but in the last year or so I have observed application processing speed gradually slowing down. There are of course cases where someone’s application gets processed exceptionally quickly but that’s more exception than norm.

For e.g. my application was processed in 4.5 but many people have noted they are waiting for more than 6 months after AOR without updates. Note that application status in your CIC account may not always reflect the ground truth. E.g. some people don’t get any status updates for a long time and suddenly get approval and status updates all in one day.

Personally I haven’t even see what a GCMS notes looks like but apparently it gives status of the application, submitted documents, processing officer’s notes etc. If anyone here has ordered them and can share a redacted version for more clarity that might help understand if they are really useful.

Technically, unless 6 months have passed since AOR, your application is still under regular timeline. Maybe order the notes after the 6 month mark?