Is GTF required for landing and returning shortly after?

Would it be possible for someone who has done the soft landing to share their sample GTF and GTA lists (redacted, if there is something confidential :slight_smile: ) ?

You can download the forms here
https://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/publications/forms-formulaires/bsf186-eng.html
https://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/publications/forms-formulaires/bsf186a-eng.html

bsf186 - Goods accompanying
bsf186a - Good to follow.

Any updates on this , did you go ahead without jewellery evaluation and does everything went smooth, please share your experience.

Hi,
I got my jewelry evaluated and took that certificate with me. Everything went ok.

Thank you so much for information. Do you have any idea if we don’t go without evaluation will it be ok? , as due to current covid situation we want to make social distancing as much as possible before we fly.

No idea about that.

It;s fine to create a list of all jewellery items, one photo each of them, and their value at purchase time , as well as an estimate of current value. If you have multiple items which are similar, like rings, then take one photo of all of them combined together.

Hey all I’m traveling next week I do not have any groups to follow is it mandatory

Hello All
I am moving from the United States to Vancouver next week. I do not have a family in the United States so I just have a couple of clothes and kitchen items that I can carry with me and nothing valuable so do I really have to have a goods to follow list?

If you are done with your move next week, and don’t have anything belongings left in the US that you want to take later, then GTF is not needed. You can just have a list of items you are carrying with you as Goods Accompanying. But if you are planning to bring your car or other belongings later, then you’ll need to list them and have it in the Goods to Follow.

Later after landing, if you travel to US and want to bring anything else, then you wont be able to bring it in to Canada without paying duty on it, unless it was specifically mentioned on the GTF list.