Is US Toronto Consulate open?

Hi,

Can anyone please let me know if the consulate is open to take an appointment for non-immigrant visas? I don’t see any information that the consulate is closed due to COVID.

You can submit your application which is online but as of now they are not doing in-person interviews . They’ve cancelled all appointments and can’t say when they’ll resume routine visa services.

1 Like

Which application are you talking about?
DS160?

sorry for the late reply, yes its DS- 160. My appointment which was scheduled for June end was cancelled and there are no available slots for rescheduling in Toronto

In response to significant worldwide challenges related to the COVID-19 pandemic, the Department of State has temporarily suspended routine visa services at all U.S. Embassies and Consulates. Embassies and consulates have canceled all routine immigrant and nonimmigrant visa appointments as of March 20, 2020, but will continue to provide emergency and mission-critical visa services as resources and local conditions allow.

I have stamped work permit for Canada. If I make the move now, my existing CoS to H4 application might need to be withdrawn. I am hopeful that US consulates in Canada will reopen for processing fresh H4 applications in the near future. Any idea when?

Seems currently it is open only for emergency appointments.
Nobody can predict when will these open for regular appointments as COVID situation is different.
Even I want to know when is it opening if they announced anything which i don’t know.

Just have a quick question, We have H1b and H4 visa interview appointment in Toronto, Are minor kids(US citizens) allowed to go inside building?