Ontario Express Entry Human Capital Priorities Stream (PNP)

So does anyone above 400 get the invite? Or do they apply and then get invited?

Once your express entry profile is created and you have a score of 400, OINP will send you an invite to apply for the prog if your profile matches their requirements. This invitation will be valid for 6 months. But the window for application may close when they reach a certain limit. But chances of the window opening up again is common. You will need to apply by paying a fees of 1500 CAD.

1 Like

Except for last week when they invited people with scores around 351

So just checked online, in all cases they require one to have a job offer at the time of the application. The reason why I was asking the follow up is cause my EE also had above 400 but didn’t get any invite for the provincial nomination so was wondering what other factors were qualifiers.

They explained in detail here how they went about picking people for issuing the NOI. They try and keep these processes pretty transparent. Apparently they did some targeted searches based on language requirements, job offers.

http://www.ontarioimmigration.ca/en/pnp/OI_PNPNEW.html

March 28, 2018

Express Entry – Targeted Notifications of Interest under Human Capital Priorities Stream

Please be advised that the OINP has issued Notifications of Interest (NOI) under the Human Capital Priorities (HCP) stream to targeted candidates in the Express Entry pool who:

1. meet the HCP stream criteria and have a job offer in Ontario; or
  2. meet the HCP stream criteria have French language skills at Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) 7 or above in all language abilities.

This targeted search was done to help Ontario meet its labour market and economic development priorities, as well as to be more responsive to employer needs. In addition, French-speaking candidates were targeted to assist the province in meeting the Ontario Immigration Strategy’s goal of five per cent Francophone immigration.

The results of yesterday’s round are as follows:

Search # 1

Candidates in the Express Entry pool who meet the HCP stream criteria and have a job offer in Ontario:

Number of invitations issued: 480
Date and time of portal search: March 26, 2018 at 2PM EST
CRS score range: 351-446
Date Express Entry profile submitted: January 1, 2018 to March 26, 2018

Search #2:

Candidates in the Express Entry pool who meet the HCP stream criteria and who have French language skills at Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) level 7 or above in all language abilities.

Number of invitations issued: 299
Date and time of portal search: March 26, 2018 at 4PM EST
CRS score range: 351-446
Date Express Entry profile submitted: January 1, 2018 to March 26, 2018

The OINP is managing the volume of applications to the HCP stream at this time. The OINP will be issuing NOIs on a regular basis.

1 Like

Generally, you don’t need a job offer IF you have CRS above 400 and have checked Ontario as a preferred province in EE.
I was invited without job offer.

3 Likes

I think your case was particular or had skill sets that the province needs based on NOC code.

Actually they have sent the NOIs for the CRS till 433. It did not come down yet. So those having scores above 433 got the NOIs.

U can see all these updates in the link given by above

not sure what are you trying to say… last draw they gave NOIs even till 351 to 446

That was for people with job offers and French speaking guys (351 to 446). I was talking about those without any job offer (the CRS came down till 433).

1 Like

I just read through it. Looks like I didn’t qualify since score was higher.

perhaps you got direct ITA… if yes then why will you get ONIP… or do you mean people get multiple direct and province?

I was under the impression that you could have a good score but a province could still be interested and issue Provincial nomination. Anyhow, doesn’t matter, just wanted to learn a bit more. The link cleared up everything.

Hi Vignesh,

Same is with me, we are above 400 and didnt receive any such mail from OINP. :frowning:
Waiting for almost an year now.

as

Just curious about your score now. What’s it if u don’t mind?

My score is 484, got ITA in last draw.

1 Like

Oh wow that’s good. What about curious_abt85? Ur score plz

Are there any extra conditions for residency if you get a provincial nomination. Can you still wait 2-3 years before you move to Canada. Are there any other conditions?

You have to live in the province for up to 2 years but even this is debatable and invalid if you go by the Canadian charter of rights. But since we are talking about ONIP here it’s almost a non issue since Ontario is an amazing place to live with tons of jobs.

Yes your PR is not different with a PNP you have to satisfy the same residency requirements to renew your PR which is 2 out of 5 years. I .short you can wait.