Post ITA processing time

so you mean the number of days between your “medical cleared” and “PPR” were very less?

Also, do we get this kind of email?
“Got the email notifying about Acknowledgement of Application Received (AOR): 06 July 2017”
someone wrote this on other website…
i don’t remember getting such an email… just two messages in my online account were received after submission

I don’t remember.

You only get an email when you have a message in the account.

This was one year ago.

I got the initial message for AOR (Acknowledgement of Receipt) of application submission. The next message was received within a couple of weeks for medical tests being passed. At that point my application status was as follows:

Review of eligibility We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of medical results You passed the medical exam.
Review of additional documents We are reviewing the additional documents you provided.
Interview You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background check Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check.
Final decision Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

It stayed that way for more than 2 months. I check my profile every few days. At the end of June when I checked the profile, this was the status:

Review of eligibility We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of medical results You passed the medical exam.
Review of additional documents We are reviewing the additional documents you provided.
Interview You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background check We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
Final decision Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

As you can see, the only change has been that the background check has started. This was a month ago and I did not receive any message or email when this happened. I noticed it only because I was checking the account every few days.

In the past, once the background check started, people would usually get PPR (passport request) within a week or less but things seem to have changed now. I read across a few forums and checked the immigration tracker too. The timeline is delayed now and so getting PPR is taking longer. It’s about to be a month since we went into background check and it has been 3.5 months since we submitted our application but haven’t received the PPR yet.

Please note that there are exceptions. I have read about people getting PPRs in less than a month after submitting their applications and then some people who have been waiting for more than 6 months too. CIC asks to wait for 6 months on an average for application processing so we are just waiting with our fingers crossed!

5 Likes

Thank you for detailed answer

this tracker thing requires fb login or signup.
https://myimmitracker.com/en/ca/trackers/consolidated-e-apr-tracker-express-entry-permanent-residency-application/analytics/passport-request-ppr-date-estimator
Average for Indians is 94 days, or 103 days. Different filters give different figures.
https://myimmitracker.com/en/ca/trackers/consolidated-e-apr-tracker-express-entry-permanent-residency-application/analytics/average-time-to-a-ppr-based-on-nationality

2 Likes

Any update on how long did it take for you. We are in same state as you were

7 months and still counting…

oh! mine is 4 months and counting…

Just my take on this. May be your file is in some backlog, not touched for a long time. Please order your second GCMS. That will prompt an agent/Officer to open your file to prepare your notes. They might realize that, things look good on your file and may push it forward or prioritize it. Just a thought.

1 Like

@mrandmrs did you hear back anything from CIC on your application?

@avj We submitted our application about a month back and recent status update was ‘Medical Passed’. What will be the next status update? Any timeline that we should look forward too?

Check immigration tracker for approx timeline

1 Like

Recently made a call to IRCC to get the accurate status of my application. So basically they said.

Eligibility :- Met
Background Check :- Complete
Criminality Check :- Complete
Security :- No started

AOR June 20th.

How long does this security take (acknowledging it is case by case :slight_smile: )…

Is this a good sign.

Thanks
Bharat C P

Your mileage may vary.

https://myimmitracker.com/en/ca/trackers/consolidated-e-apr-tracker-express-entry-permanent-residency-application

We submitted our application about 2 weeks back (and paid RPRF).

When I logged into the CIC system a few minutes back, below is what I see.

Is this typical? Or do we need to reach out to anyone in CIC via Help? Just making sure there is not something we miss(ed), etc after the submission.

That is the same status I had after submission. Make sure you always check the mail section of your profile, in case they send you any new instructions.

1 Like

Hello,
What is your latest status ?
Have you got the PR approved by now?
I’m sorry it was long ago…and i couldn’t find any thread after this.
Pls update, coz I’m also in the same boat.
It has been total 7 months since my EE entry application was submitted.
And my profile is stuck since 5 months at status: “Background check has not yet started, we will send you the message when if we need any information”.
Very very confused right now what to do!!!
Pls reply.
vinaygarg141@gmail.com

Yes, we got our PR and moved to Canada. Here’s the whole timeline:

If you haven’t done so already, I’d recommend that you order the GCMS notes.

1 Like

We haven’t ordered the GCMS notes yet. Will order that today.
So, when did you get the PR…I mean after how many months of AOR?

And why does the case get stuck in the BGC for so long?
And what was the reason of so long delay?
And is there any benefit of ordering GCMS notes other than our personal satisfaction?

We have already submitted the fingerprints as part of the FBI/background check (EE via Ontario PNP). We submitted our completed application about 3 weeks back. We are submitting from the US, if it helps.

Today, we got this update:

It looks like we need to get this at a USCIS center.

Has anyone gotten this immediately post-ITA?

Does this status update signal anything good, or bad, or process as usual?

(I haven’t found anything relevant to this in this thread or similar search on the forum, hence my post here)

Hi guys is there anyone waiting for ppr for more than 2 years I am aor nov2018 any clues how long or anyone waiting as long as I am