Silicon Valley Companies with Engineering in Canada

Hi @sun: I am interested in https://vendasta.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=25. Please let me know the next steps.I have 10 + years of IT experience in data science ( worked as data analyst, data designer, database developer. I have got Canada PR And activity looking for job opportunities. Preferred location- Montreal, in case the remote option is not available. I am open to working remotely for any location.

1 Like

Twitter just announced they’ll be hiring engineers in Canada

4 Likes

Apple and EA are both in Vancouver.

Any idea when the MovNorth hiring portal (MOV NORTH) and remote tech platform would be back, @deepac ? We are looking to move from the Bay Area to Vancouver and I was hoping to get started with the job application process.

hi, are there any openings in Montreal now for chemistry background for freshers?

hi, any WhatsApp group is there for Montreal? I saw a group for Vancouver…

I would recommend you remove Quebec from any list of potential employment locations. You will be subjected to daily racial prjudice based on your language, race and/or religion. The Quebec government supports, in fact encourages, institutionalised racism openly directed at anyone who is not the same ethnic derivation as the imagined Quebec majority. Your children will be barred from attending English language schooling, your employer will be forced to deal with you in French and you will be treated as a second class citizen in your day-to-day life. Canada is an open, welcoming, multi-cultural, democratic society … except in Quebec where the Police, without a warrent, are able to confiscate your computers and business records, without notice, in order to inspect your adherence to French language laws. Go somewhere else in Canada, until those of us who love Quebec are able to win this human rights battle.

Based on experience, I would add that there are many many many companies that are open to hiring in Canada but do not explicitly advertise it. Job posting platforms, including LinkedIn, are messy in specifying remote locations with some criteria.

Companies looking for talent any where in North America:
Cisco
VMware
Paypal

I know for some of these companies, they are open to hiring any role anywhere and not just engineering roles. My recommendation: Like a job posting? Initiate the discussion and ask if they are open to remote roles. It is an employee market and companies are desperate for talent, even if you are working far away in Yukon.