Time to initiate return shipment by cpc ottawa

Hello folks,

I need help from you all. I sent my passport to CPC - Ottawa on September 13th for COPR and visa stamping. After delivery I received photo re-submission request twice, on 19th September and then again on 24th September. I sent photos on 25th for the second time, which were delivered to CPC on 26th September. I haven’t heard from them ever since and I am getting a little anxious because I have a travel plan out of US on 22nd October. I tried calling *67 613 944 4000 but it took me to global affairs instead of IRCC, and the IVR explicitly said that they won’t answer any questions related to IRCC application. Can you please advise what I can do to request them to expedite? I am really worried that I may not get my passport back in time, any help is appreciated.

Best,
Jeetu

have you raised a web request yet? if not, try raising this question on it asap.

Yes, I did raise a web form, and have sent 2 emails too. But, I am not very optimistic for web form because of the huge volume they must be receiving. I sent a web form for address update some time back, got a reply only after a month. On emails though, I was hoping for a response but nothing yet :frowning:

Is there a way to talk to someone in COC Ottawa via phone?

Hi @mrandmrs, thanks for sharing. I actually did try that number but reached global services instead of IRCC/CIC/CPC. The first IVR response when the call got connected explicitly said that they will not respond to any questions related to IRCC application. I will try again tomorrow, hoping something changes, and also because at this point I really don’t know what else I can do. Never thought that after 10 months of waiting for PR patiently, I will face this kind of issue when horizon is around the corner.

I finally decided to install an app (TextNow) which gave me a virtual Canadian phone number. I used that app to call the Canadian customer care number of CIC (+1 888 242 2100). The agent told me that the COPR was printed on 8th October, and only step after that is to mail the passports and COPR back. Hope they mail those soon.

1 Like

You should expect the passport back in next couple of days or so

1 Like

Hi, I have been following this discussion thread. What i understand that when we send the passport directly yo Ottawa office from US address, they usually take two weeks’ time (around 15 days) to send some update or something. I am at 12th Day since the passoprt is delivered. Till now there no update on GC Key, ECAS and even the agent on the IRCC number couldnt tell anything on the passport status. We have sent emai to Ottawa office , havent heard back. Hoping to get something next week.

Lets see. The waiting time is quiet tensed and restless.

Lets hope we all get our passports back asap.

:crossed_fingers:

I would recommend you to raise a webform. I raised once requesting status of my application this Monday, I got the response today stating that my photos and passports have been accepted. Its a different story that I spoke to CIC agent yesterday and he had confirmed that to me yesterday itself.

1 Like

I just spoke to the IRCC agent yesterday , she couldn’t provide any specific info on the passport but she told that she would a put a note with the application that we called to know the status and we also sent email . She told us to wait till 15th Oct … let’s see

Hi, is there anyone got passport back yet? Thank you!

Hi , our application just got updated as Approved today and in GC key I see an entry of Counterfoil … can anyone suggest when can I expect the passport to be back.

Or is there any intermediate step left ?

My passports were delivered on Sep 30 and My application was approved today as well and they have mentioned the counterfoil document number. I guess they have printed the visa on the passport and it is ready to be mailed back. Hope to receive passports soon.

1 Like

Hopefully soon … by next week or so … we are on the same timeline …please post when u get the passport back… Thanks

Sure, you too

1 Like

Hi … do u have the return tracker number from the postal or courier service that u used … ? Is it activated ? Please let me know

I have the return tracking number and it’s not activated yet. It is usually activated after 2 to 3 days from approved as per the immigration tracker

Hi Guys,

Just looking for some clarification.

I got my PPR on the 3rd of October and sent my passport from US to Ottawa on the 5th and it was delivered on the 7th.

The address on my PPR email was 365 Laurier ave West, however, the passport was delivered to 2303 STEVENAGE OTTAWA, ON K1A1L1, even though I had put in the Laurier address for Fedex.

Has anyone have that happen to them?

Also, I called the agent this past Tuesday and he told me that he does not see the passport update yet but also told me that this was completely normal and to wait for a week more.

Just checking if anyone else has had similar experiences or not.

Thank you.

My passports were delivered to the same address and my passport wasn’t found in the system when I called them. My application was approved on Friday and I am waiting for my return tracker to be activated

1 Like