Transcripts from University of Madras

Anybody got Transcripts from University of Madras ?
What service used ? mean which website used for the service.

Were the transcripts are photo copy of the attested marks sheets ? or its consolidated sheet with all the semesters ?

I just got my transcripts done. I did not use any service. Had my family in chennai do it for me. It is actually a photo copy of your mark sheets attested. You need to take your original and also black and white photo copy of your marksheets. They will verify the originals and take the photocopy from you to get it attested.

2 Likes

Hi,
Can you please tell me how many days it takes, do someone has to be wait and collect the transcript or mail to any address in Tamilnadu or do they mail to Canada? please advise
thanks

Hi Venkatesh
Can you please tell me how many days it takes, do someone has to be wait and collect the transcript or mail to any address in Tamilnadu or do they mail to Canada? please advise
thanks

Step by Step Procedure for Madras University Attestation.

(Prepare the below before going to University

• Deg Certificate – 1-page X 2 Photocopies (back to back B&W Only NO Color)
  • Mark Sheets – 4 Pages X 2 Photocopies (back to back B&W Only NO Color)
  • Filled up WES Academic Records Request Form downloaded from WES Website.
    https://applications.wes.org/onlineapp/pdf/ca/International_Transcript_Request.pdf
  • Persons Aadhar Card Copy
  • Demand Draft Favouring
    The Registrar,
    University of Madras.
  •   Amount of Demand Draft 300 INR Per paper.  (If you have Degree + 5 Mark sheets, you have to 
      take DD for 300 * 6 ( 1x Degree + 4 x Mark sheets + 1 x WES Form attestation) = total 1800.00

• You have a bank inside university campus also but little crowded
  • Original Degree Certificate and Mark sheets
  • If you are not visiting by yourself, you need to give an Authorisation letter to anyone who will do it on your behalf.
  • Authorisation Letter to be addressed to
    The Registrar,
    University of Madras
  • Letter should be clear detailing what you want transcript for and who will do it on your behalf.
  • 1 X Cloth Cover A4 Size and 1 x Cloth Cover A3 Size.

Go to Madras University main campus and ask for USAB (University Students Advisory Bureau) and ask for an endorsement form for WES/other transcript payments.

Fill the form and go to University Demand Draft payment section. Show the WES form and give the DD to them. They may check the documents you have and will endorse the WES form and keep the DD.

Once you have endorsed DD payment of WES form

Now take

1. the originals,
  2. two copies of the certificates,
  3. two “cloth” covers,
  4. one copy of govt. id card
  5. endorsed receipt for DD (issued earlier from USAB)
    and submit in the USAB counter. They will check the documents and originals. They will return the originals after verification.
    They will give a counter foil which you have to take when collecting the sealed cover on the date they confirm it will be ready.
    Once you have collected the documents you have to go to post office.
    Be sure to check that the university seal is there in the cover flap. Canada immigration will not accept if the seal is not there. It is to confirm that after University people attested and sealed the cover no one has opened it.
    The post office will give your customs declaration form you have to fill.
    From address as University of Madras, Chennai 600005.
    Put WES address as below in TO Address.
    Declare the items as no value and that they are documents

WES Address as below.
WES Reference No.
World Education Services
Attention: Documentation Center
2 Carlton Street, Suite 1400
Toronto, Ontario M5B 1J3
Canada

Thanks for such a detailed message. Thats really helpful !!

you are welcome.

When i wanted to do and checked online, the post were 2 years old!!

i just completed this process last week by 15th June 2020.
Thought it would be helpful if i share my experience with more clarity.

Hi balaji,

I am currently doing the process and very confused in the wake of corona scare everywhere.

Am currently not in Chennai, so my parents are going to handle it. Is the university functioning now to accept transcripts request.

And further are originals necessary - I mean they also have a provision where if the notary attests the Xerox they accept it as originals.

Any inputs from you will be appreciated.

Hi Laksy,

Yes the university is functioning now.

If your parents have the originals, its easy to do it. if you cant sent them by courier, you can do the notary attestations on photo copy and your parents can take that.

The original Notary seal should be there in the paper submitted to the university. they will not return the notary stamped paper.
Rest as mentioned in my earlier article.

Its quite simple. it will take about 2 hours on the submission date and half hour on collection date

it takes about 10 working days. You will have to collect yourself.

they will not send courier.

you have option of collecting and sending courier from the campus through speed post

Thank you so much balaji. This information is very helpful. have you already moved to Canada ? I have some questions, if it’s okay can we get in touch offline ?

no. i havent moved yet. we have applied for PR.

yes you are welcome to chat on offline. send email to balaji.vedan@gmail.com

Thanks so much Balaji for the detailed info. Is digital transcripts are allowed now? Any ideas about this?

digital transcripts are allowed only for specific universities. When you open your account in WES and complete the application by selecting the university and course to enter the details, you will get information if we need physical paper transcripts or Digital transcripts are allowed.

4 or 5 universities in india are allowed for this.

1 Like

Thanks Balaji…

Sorry Balaji for the Silly Question, why we need 2 cloth cover? A4 and A3. I am in the process of doing this now. All my originals are in US, so I need to go for a Notary route.

the transcripts after attestation will be put in A4 cover and they will be put in A3 cover for seal and stamp from University so it is shipped safely.

Normally A4 cover is sufficient. but i heard from some that cover was damaged when reaching the destination with one cover. hence we put 2 covers and they reached safe.

1 Like

Ok got it :+1:

Hi Balaji, Do you have any contact in chennai who help people like us for WES? Please let me know if you know someone.