URGENT Corona Virus Impact on Landing

I’m just reading Canada is closing the border. Only citizens and pr. I was landing next week, but yesterday I switched my flight to land in two days.

Can I land with my CoPR and PR Visa? Who do I contact to get more info? When is the ban going in to effect?

Thank you!

No , CoPR is not PR.

check this out, PR landing appointments has been cancelled till April 13

https://www.canada.ca/en/services/immigration-citizenship.html

The ban goes into effect tomorrow, with a few exceptions.

Definitely check with CIC to see if you can extend your COPR if required. Our top priority now should not be the landing, but rather the health and safety of ourselves and our loved ones. Would recommend zero travel - international or domestic.

Thanks @deepac. I am trying to call IRCC but they have high call volume. I will keep trying. Do you know if this cancellation is for scheduled appointments?

I called CBSA and they said the ban starts at noon tomorrow. I land around 10:15 in Toronto. Will airport IRCC processing continue?

If cancelling trip is a simple option I would do it @ak45 . It is complicates with my visa apartment lease etc

For anyone looking for info. Travel restriction start noon tomorrow.

https://www.aircanada.com/us/en/aco/home/book/travel-news-and-updates/2020/new-entry-requirements.html

CBSA call center confirmed

The latest information can be found here.

If you get on a flight before the travel restrictions start tomorrow then you’re fine to land otherwise you need to reschedule your flight.

If the airlines lets you board, you’re in the clear. They will process you at the point of entry.

PR Landing appointments are for inland applicants only. As someone coming in from outside the country no appointments are required or made.

Thank you for your help @panditji. CBSA confirmed on phone that travel restriction starts at noon. Air Canada website has same time. Hope my landing goes well. I waited 2 years for tomorrow

Does anyone know if they will close borders for even landed people in US?
There is news that US and Canada can give joint statement in 24-48hours about this…

I was thinking to move my car permanently next week… so not sure what to do if that ban happens…

Travel restriction is not for citizens and permanent resident. Only foreign national

So were you able to complete your landing today?

They announced that they’re stopping non essential travel, however if you’re a PR of Canada in the US you can come back to Canada.

Yes. At first, Air Canada person said bans starts at midnight. When I told her I talked to CBSA she called and confirmed ban starts at noon.

So I was able to land and finish everything. Everybody on my way to Canada was very very nice. Not like US immigration and officers.

5 Likes

That’s wonderful, congratulations and good timing.

1 Like

welcome to Canada! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Congratulations @anon28333832

1 Like

@here Hey Dudes! :slight_smile:
So today they announced that those who have been issued COPR (approved PR) can travel: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/news/2020/03/canada-provides-update-on-exemptions-to-travel-restrictions-to-protect-canadians-and-support-the-economy.html

“permanent resident applicants who had been approved for permanent residence before the travel restrictions were announced on March 16, 2020, but who had not yet travelled to Canada”

Just take precautions. (Gloves, Masks, Sanitizers etc)

1 Like

Canada immigration is amazing

“ Exemptions to the air travel restrictions will apply to foreign nationals who have already committed to working, studying or making Canada their home, and travel by these individuals will be considered essential travel for land border restrictions.”

US always tries to lock even citizen out if they are not ‘american’.

1 Like

Hi Guys
Does anybody know if anybody can still enter Canada from the border from US by car?
Can we still take our personal car or do we need to take a rental car if somebody wants to go for a month there?
or Can we still import our car in current situation if we want to move permanently there?

note: This is not for soft landing. The person already landed last year and has PR card already.