Visa/PR for wife not in Canada

This question does not apply to me yet but I am expecting it to apply in future.

If I am in Canada on PR and I get married in India, What would be the best way for my wife to enter Canada? I see spouse PR wait times is more than 12 months. Is there any other temporary visa on which she can enter Canada and then start processing PR application?

If you apply from within Canada your spouse can come with you to Canada and also work on that visa while PR is in process. If you apply from outside Canada she can come with you (say, on a tourist visa) but not work while PR is in process. One good approach is to collect the necessary documents while in India such as her transcripts or PCCs and go to Canada and apply.

1 Like