WES evaluation timeline and document submission details

Once I send my documents to WES, how long does it take to receive the evaluation? Also, is it possible to start creating the Express Entry profile while WES is still processing the documents?

1 Like

WES tells 20 days but give it a month. I sent my documents on last month 21st now its showing due on 22nd this month. I think you can start the express entry profile but cannot submit it until you provide the WES reference number in it.

1 Like

Apart from sending you a copy of your evaluation report, did WES also send evaluation report to IRCC? WES added IRCC as a second recipient when creating my account and I just want to know if this is the norm.

Yep. WES would send to IRCC

2 Likes

@anon25417004
Hi i have query regarding ECA
Being Aayurvedic consultantI fall under 3232 NOC, (odd girl among techie group :slight_smile: )
I checked with ECA organisations WES states it doesn’t evaluate professional or liscenced occupations. I am not sure about MCC (mefical council of Canada) if it evaluates only allopath docs & surgeons. I have sent query regarding this but no revert yet.
While on other hand i received reply from Attorney David Cohen, legal firm for Canada immigration stating that they will guide me if i register with them. ( Fee 1990 usd)

Can you help with the case?

2 Likes

Is there any expiry for WES evaluation?

We are planning to do IELTS next month and then submit EE profile in February hopefully.
So Can we start WES evaluation now only in December or shud do it in Jan or Feb?

Please suggest

I think the expiry is 1 year. WES takes a month or more to evaluate and send the results so it is better to start applying now so that you don’t waste time later.

If WES is being slow you can try British Columbia Institute of Technology (BCIT). They are pretty fast! And they also have a rush option available - for additional $400 or something - where they will send you the ECA within two weeks if you’re in a real hurry.

I had checked all the evaluation agencies before applying to WES and all of them had longer processing times compared to WES. BCIT says their processing time is 8 weeks (roughly 2 months) which is again longer than WES. Additionally, they have suspended the rush processing since end of August 2017.

Here’s a link to BCIT’s processing timeline:
https://www.bcit.ca/ices/processingtime.shtml

1 Like

thanks…

Does WES evaluate only one degree i mean highest or they will evaluate two?
Also do we need to evaluate for both wife and husband or only for primary applicant?
i am asking this because my husband has distance MBA which he never used or showed anywhere as his B.E. is Computers and more related to work and experience… So we are thinking whether to get distance MBA evaluated (as to get more points) or B.E. evaluated (more matching with experience in IT field).
For me, I have M.Tech so we can get it evaluated if I will be primary applicant.
Please suggest.

They evaluate more than one degree. I have sent my MS and BE transcripts for evaluation.

When creating your express entry profile, if the dependent’s education is added, the evaluation would be required. It is advisable to get evaluation done for both and the highest education be added for both since it would help in getting more points. Irrespective of whether your husband uses his MBA education, you should add the highest degree that you have earned.

Create a WES account and enter all the required data to see what documents need to be provided for each of your universities. Your husband would need to create a similar profile too and follow the same process. Once you enter your degree and university information, they tell you whether you need to submit the transcripts and certificate both or if just the transcripts are enough. For my Indian degree, I had to submit transcripts and degree certificate copy but for my US degree, they wanted just the transcripts.

1 Like

Hi,
Will WES accept transcripts that I got from Indian university 10 years ago? I found some transcripts from my Inidan univeristy that I got 10 years ago they are unopened and sealed. Please let me know.

Hi,

I have done B.tech and M.Tech through Autonomous institutions in India. Do I still need to get transcripts from both the universities. Pls suggest.

New member guide, Readme!

ECA guide

thanks …

when we guys say transcripts here…then does it mean “Detail Marks Card” which has list of subject names and corresponding score for that semester. Right?
or
what exactly is there in transcript?

Transcript is what your university/college provides as an official list of grades for all semesters. If you’ve applied for education overseas they will usually ask for it. Whether or not you’ve gotten a transcript before for your degrees, you need to get one now from the university your college is affiliated with, or your college, if it’s autonomous. The transcripts should be sealed and sent directly from the university to the evaluating agency in Canada.

are you sure that it has to be sent directly to WES Canada by university?
I read somewhere we can send it in a bigger envelope keeping the original transcript envelope still sealed…

Also is there a expiry date for a transcript which is still sealed from past?

I am not sure about that since I did mine over a year ago from BCIT and they needed sealed and direct. WES might have a different rule.

I also had my sealed transcripts from when I applied for my masters but they were from my college not the university with which it was affiliated. Call and ask WES if they accept that and if there’s a expiry.

thanks for replies…
one more ques.

Do I need to send transcripts for both B.Tech and M.Tech separately or together to BCIT or WES ?

or Can i get B.Tech evaluated from BCIT and M.Tech evaluated from WES… ?
is there any benefit or problem in this