NOC Related Questions

Thanks a lot vignesh. Appreciate your help.

Thanks a lot Anshul!

Hello Vignesh,

I would like to know how should i key in my EE profile, if one of my job experience is mix of full time and part time. Like how many entries should i make?
Here is my total experience: (Total experience : Sept 2011 to March 2014)

The break up:

Sept 2011 to Oct 2013 - Full time (45 hrs)
Nov 2013 - Part time (22.5 hrs)
Dec 2013 to Jan 2014 - Full time (45 hrs)
Feb 2014 to March 2014 - Part time. (22.5 hrs)

Should i enter one entry in EE profile and explain in LOE or should i make multiple entries. Please guide me. Thanks a lot Vignesh!!

I would put it was 4 individual entries, and later in the employment letter you can explain. But as far as EE profile entry you should have 4 separate entries.

1 Like

I had similar issue. I made individual entries and attached the same employment letter for all those since they were in same company. Employment letter does show the timeline with hours worked. But note I am still post ITA phase and havent submitted my profile yet.

1 Like

Hi Vignesh,
Below is my case. Please suggest the best approach.

July 2016 to Dec 2017 - I have offer letter, payslips and resignation email and acknowledgement. Company closed its operations and no one is there to provide reference letters. Can I use my offer letter, payslips, W2, affidavit from co workers to prove my job skills.

I think you can use offer letter, resignation letter, affidavit / letter from co-workers as proof of experience. I would attach a cover letter for this role explaining the company’s current status and the documents attached to support your candidature.

Hello Members,
I need your advice and guidance. I am filling express entry with three areas of experience. I am a manufacturing engineer have 12 years of total experience in such a way that I served:

1. 4 years core manufacturing engineer for automotive parts development.
  2. 2 years in engineering University as lecturer, teaching manufacturing engineering
  3. 6 years plus served in the technical vocational education system and applied engineering for the development of new sites, selection and procurement of workshops, machinery, tooling and even cad/ cam softwares. Furthermore, managed multiple locations institutes.
    Question is should I select NOC for engineering for my entire career or should I select three NOCs separately…what is the better way to go about it?
    Really appreciate your support and suggestions.
    Regards,

Hello,

I am recently renewing my EE application as my previous one expired. On my first application I put NOC 2171 as all my work experience consist of IT consultant / analyst.
While going through my work experience and exploring PNP programs, the list of NOCs and their description and 100 of other pages regarding Immigrating ti Canada I realized that around 1 year and 2 months I’ve work on a position that is more compatible with a IT Financial planner / analyst than just IT analyst which corresponds to NOC 1114. During the period I work as a IT Financial Planner and Analyst I was studying Finance and later after changing job I got my Bachelor degree in Finance. My questions are:

1. Would it be a problem if in my new application I added NOC 1114 for that 1 y 2 m time? Do I need to add any explanation anywhere?
  2. Is it ok that I got my finance degree after working on that position.
  3. Is it ok to apply for a PNP program with NOC 1114 and my primary NOC on EE is 2171?

Thank you.

I want to apply for Canadian Immigration and I have a recent Masters degree from Australia. I do not fulfill the NOC requirement for 4011 University professors and lecturers. I have worked as a lecturer for four years in Pakistan, after my Masters degree from Pakistan (16 years education, which is equivalent to Bachelors degree overseas)
Whereas in NOC 4011 , employment requirement includes
A master’s degree in the field of specialization is required for university lecturers
I had a Bachelors degree (16 years of Education) when I taught at University in Pakistan. So does that mean I cannot apply for this profession?
Now I have 18 years of education after finishing my Masters from Australia in 2019. So, I am unsure whether I am eligible or not, because i finished my 18 years of education after my work experience?

hello everyone

need ur sincere advice

i am in govt sector. my current designation is staff nurse but i am working in govt college of nursing on the vacant post of nursing tutor .

my department will give me experience on the name of staff nurse not nursing tutor though my job responsibilities are of nursing tutor

moreover i have filled the code of tutor and got ITA also

so kindly advice me what should i do

can i attach notarized explanation letter that i am working on the vacant post of nursing tutor

plz

Hi guys,

Can anyone please suggest What can be an NOC for a Mutual Fund Product Development Manager?

The job description would primarily entail
“conceptualizing new product ideas, develop product feasibilities, liason with various stakeholders to execute the product decisions and also engage in product management activities.”

would appreciate some help and insight into this.

Hi everyone
I have a bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering but I have 5 years of Experience in English teaching. Do you think it’s possible for me to Use English teacher’s NOC or should I have relevant work experience?

Hi Guys…
Currently I’m in a middle of process of finalizing my EE profile. One thing which is consistently bothering me is selecting the right NOC Code.

I have a BE and MSC degree in Petroleum Engineering but currently I’m working as a Assistant Manager Operations is Retail Industry and my Job duties are not related to my education. Therefore, I fall in 0621 NOC i.e. Retail and wholesale trade managers. There’s a NOC exist for Petroleum Engineer but since I do not have any experience in petroleum industry, I believe I should not go for NOC 2145 Petroleum Engineers…Is this the right thing to do??

Secondly, I’m also associated with teaching in a University as a Visiting Lecturer. Should I mention the given below NOC in my profile;
4011 University professors and lecturers

Seeking your advice and guidance.

Hello Mov North Community!

I am a Chemical Engineer working in a biotech startup as a Business Development associate. I know most of you are from the tech world and this might be outside your expertise, taking a shot with posting on this group.

As a Business Development associate, I am working with internal technical teams, Business Development Director, and larger organization to project manage by:
a) coordinating/tracking activities in service of project milestones (e.g., keep track of in-flight experiments and outcomes vs. milestone requirements),
b) preparing communications materials for client (e.g., concise report of progress made/dashboard for quarterly meetings)
c) surfacing and characterizing risks/dependencies for successful project execution
d) developing in-depth knowledge of the market, industry, and potential clients in Biotech, Food, Agriculture

My sense is that my NOC code should be either 0125 or 0211. However my title doesn’t include a manager (i.e. I am not a manager). Thoughts?
I have tried emailing the NOC Unit in Canada but did not get much direction from them.

Any help would be much appreciated!

Hi all,
I need help with my NOC,
I wrk as a Scan based trading analyst. I have thought of using data analyst as well as sales statistician but I am not really sure what to use. Below is my job description, any suggestions are welcome, if I need to adjust it, let me know.

• Providing support to the application of Retailer Scan data in a timely and accurate manner

• Analyzing information gathered and reporting of period and quarterly KPIs

• Creation and preparation of period and quarter reporting and analysis of SBT results for HQ management and Field Sales management

• Collaborating with the MIS Department and Shared Services to ensure maximum effectiveness of systems and reporting

• Assist in providing other departments with tools to increase competency and understanding of SBT customers and facilitates, training sessions on SBT tasks and compliance

• Conduct research into systems and processes that support Scan Base Trading and related cash flow

• Collaborate with Field Sales to identify and analyze local SBT results or issues

• Assist with other SBT projects or duties as assigned

• Support the Director, Finance – SBT in continuous improvement projects, training projects, and SBT related communications

Hi Guys…
Currently I’m in a middle of process of finalizing my EE profile. One thing which is consistently bothering me is selecting the right NOC Code.

I have a BE and MSC degree in Petroleum Engineering but currently I’m working as a Assistant Manager Operations is Retail Industry and my Job duties are not related to my education. Therefore, I fall in 0621 NOC i.e. Retail and wholesale trade managers. There’s a NOC exist for Petroleum Engineer but since I do not have any experience in petroleum industry, I believe I should not go for NOC 2145 Petroleum Engineers…Is this the right thing to do??

Secondly, I’m also associated with teaching in a University as a Visiting Lecturer. Should I mention the given below NOC in my profile;
4011 University professors and lecturers

Seeking your advice and guidance.

Made a mistake in EE profile … Got a pnp now worried …

I put my primary noc code as 1311 … However out of the 5 job references i have got only 2 satisfy 1311 … Rest all is 2171 …I also used 1311 for all my 5 job descriptions thinking that noc code is based on education …now i realise that its on the job that one does …what do i do ??? Please advice .

I have 4 years of work experience in same company. It’s a salon chain in Mumbai. Initial 2 two years was responsible for growth and expansion of home service vertical. However from last two 2 years I am handling their vocational training academy. So now I am confused between noc 0651 and 0421.
Looking for some suggestions.