Working for a U.S. company

Hi Everyone,

Current situation: working in the USA on H1B
Plan: moving to Canada permanently by/around Jan 2022. And looking for jobs in Canada.

While looking for jobs, I realized a lot of people are able to work for companies in the USA and staying in Canada. I had a couple questions around that:

  1. Would it be possible to work for a USA company even if they don’t have an entity in Canada?

  2. Let’s say things work out and I am able to secure a job in USA company (or even continue working with my current employer in the USA) and convince them that I’ll be working from
    a. Will I still have to be h1b sponsored ? I ask that because I am not sure how I will be able to work for a USA company just by saying I’m a Canadian PR?
    b. Can the USA company compensate me directly in to my Canada bank account ?
    c. Any experiences? If yes, how did you setup yourself?

Thx in advance.

I don’t know the answers to your queries but know of this website which might help:

My educated guesses are:

  1. Yes, depends.
  2. I actually moved to Canada from US while keeping my current role but my company operates from Canada too. I can answer questions around that specifically if you have any.
    a. No - if you work for the American entity, you will most likely be a contractor on a contract.