Your Canada EE story

My husband and I have also been through similar situation and my H1B is ending on Aug 2019. I can renew it as its my first h1 but we are extremely stressed out with amendments and RFE hence the decision of moving to Canada.

We are waiting for our “Golden Email”, and I wish you get it soon aswell. All the best :+1:

3 Likes

I am fairly new to this site!! I really want to appreciate all the help being provided by so many of you. My husband and me got our ITA. We are in process of submitting the final set of documents and keeping our fingers crossed:)
We moved to USA in 2007 for our Masters and are currently working. We wanted to do more than just planning our life around the visa and not living freely. Of course getting started from scratch is a challenge but we are looking forward to it.
We want to work on our own ideas and i hope we are able to successfully work on it from Canada!!

2 Likes

Long time lurker here and this is my first post. Completed 12 years in the US (F1 to H1b). More than the elusive GC, it is the permanency “state of mind” that my wife and are seeking with the Canada PR. Every time we have made a major commitment there has been some change and stress associated with it which would not exist with a GC/citizenship.

I cannot thank enough the folks who contribute here especially @vik and @avj. I remember emailing @vik a year ago when I first started. I have been slow at it and finally submitted my eAPR today. :crossed_fingers:

3 Likes

Hi @vik ,

I am in process of incorporating my startup, I am bit confused between incorporating in Delaware vs Toronto and pros and cons, I was wondering if you have any insight on the same that would be really helpful.

Best,
Shobhit

Delaware like most US states allows for pass-through entities aka LLC also you don’t have to be a resident of the US to setup a LLC there. Canada does not have something similar you will have to incorporate a corporation. This is not in anyway a bad thing just that the corporation is an entirely separate entity and will have to pay it’s own taxes. Also you have to be a resident of Canada to create one. If you are a resident of Canada having an US LLC would require you to get some tax consultation as Canadian have like residents of the US pay taxes on worldwide income.