2 Years experience 2 different NOC but very similar

Hi,

I got graduated in 2015 and have worked in 2 different companies for 1 year each.

in IT, the job titles are very vague because duties can be spread across multiple roles

Here is the problem…

I did my express entry application as (2171 - Information systems analysts and consultants) because my work experience of 2 years matches very closely with the duties mentioned under this NOC.

Now received the invite and I requested my 1st employer to write me an employment experience letter…
but they wrote me a letter with duties that are matching less with 2171 but more with ( 2172 - Database analysts and data administrators) where as the 2nd employer’s experience letter’s duties are matching closely with the 2171…

What shall I do in this scenario?

Option 1 - Shall reject the Invite and re-apply in the pool with 2 years experience in 2 different NOC?

Option 2 - Continue my application with existing invite (under 2171) and show the work experience in 2 different NOC (2171 for one year & 2172 for one year)?

Option 3 - Continue my application with existing invite (under 2171) and show both year’s experience in the same original NOC (2171)?

1 Like

No need to decline. Option 2 sounds good as long as you’re able to select two NOCs (presuming both your reference letters match respective NOCs).

Hi Can you please share the roles and responsibilities for NOC 2171 which you used.
I am having a hard times drafting these.

Hi Yogesh,

Please refer to the attached letter that I submited with my Express Entry application.

I only showed 1 year experience and got the VISA :slight_smile: now I am in Canada.