2022 H-1B Dropbox & soft landing

:wave: all, just looking to see if anyone has done soft landing recently and used the recently expanded visa waiver program to get H-1B stamped via Dropbox in Canada. Since Dropbox appointments in India are hard to come by, I am looking to see if this would be an option while going to Canada to complete my COPR landing process. Thank you!

@shackle - Do you have any idea about eligibility for drop box in Canada? do we need to have previous US Visa stamped in Canada? Or Visa Stamped in India are also eligible for drop box in Canada (If possible).

Hi, it doesnโ€™t look like a previous stamping at Canada is required based on Important Announcement on Waivers of the Interview Requirement for Certain Nonimmigrant Visas

But yeah, would need somebody who took this route to know for sure since this waiver is only 3 months old.

Ok. Thanks.

Did you pay fees and try to get Visa dates in Canada? If yes, then are the dates available?

Hi @usa2canada , I have not done that. Wanted to see if anyone has taken this route before paying fees :sweat_smile:

So based on what I read from other forums, Canada does not require appointments for Dropbox and one should generally be eligible if they are a PR / residing currently in Canada.