I got married after my AOR (Feb '19) and last month I sent a webform query asking to add my wife to my application. I got a response and submitted the following documents.
- A new Generic Application Form for Canada (IMM 0008) with supporting documents,
- (If applicable) A Schedule A - Background/Declaration (IMM 5669) form,
- (If applicable) An Additional Dependants/Declaration (IMM 0008DEP) form,
- A copy of the birth certificate, marriage certificate or proof of common-law relationship,
- A copy of the family member’s valid passport,
- Police certificates for all countries where the family member over the age of 18 has lived for more than 6 months since turning 18,
- A letter of explanation, and
- If applicable, the proof of payment.
I haven’t heard anything back from them and recently I have not been able to get through to IRCC via call, some or the other error comes during IVR process (I am using google hangouts and *67 method).
I was wondering if you all would be kind enough to answer a few clarifying questions I have regarding my situation:
How do I provide IRCC with an upfront medical exam for my wife? When I had done mine the clinic has specifically asked for my ITA document, but except for an email confirmation that my wife’s documents are submitted we do not have anything for her.
Same question for biometrics. Can that be submitted upfront as well? If so, what’s the procedure?
Since I have requested IRCC to add my wife, can my wife also reach out to IRCC via phone and check on the status by herself? Or am I the only authorized person to talk to IRCC even now? If so, how do I authorize my wife to do the same?