Adding my wife after AOR - biometrics/medicals upfront submission

I got married after my AOR (Feb '19) and last month I sent a webform query asking to add my wife to my application. I got a response and submitted the following documents.

• A new Generic Application Form for Canada (IMM 0008) with supporting documents,
  • (If applicable) A Schedule A - Background/Declaration (IMM 5669) form,
  • (If applicable) An Additional Dependants/Declaration (IMM 0008DEP) form,
  • A copy of the birth certificate, marriage certificate or proof of common-law relationship,
  • A copy of the family member’s valid passport,
  • Police certificates for all countries where the family member over the age of 18 has lived for more than 6 months since turning 18,
  • A letter of explanation, and
  • If applicable, the proof of payment.

I haven’t heard anything back from them and recently I have not been able to get through to IRCC via call, some or the other error comes during IVR process (I am using google hangouts and *67 method).

I was wondering if you all would be kind enough to answer a few clarifying questions I have regarding my situation:

1. How do I provide IRCC with an upfront medical exam for my wife? When I had done mine the clinic has specifically asked for my ITA document, but except for an email confirmation that my wife’s documents are submitted we do not have anything for her.

2. Same question for biometrics. Can that be submitted upfront as well? If so, what’s the procedure?

3. Since I have requested IRCC to add my wife, can my wife also reach out to IRCC via phone and check on the status by herself? Or am I the only authorized person to talk to IRCC even now? If so, how do I authorize my wife to do the same?

Have you tried reaching out to them again using the webform? They might respond to your query there.

You might be able to get your wife’s medical exam done upfront but I don’t know about the biometrics. As for authorising your spouse, we had used the IMM-5476E form to add my spouse as a representative so that he could contact IRCC independently, if he needs to.

Also, have your wife’s details/documents been added to your application? I mean, do you see any changes when you log in to your account?

I have submitted a webform query simultaneously with posting this in the group. Usually takes them a week so I thought I can get a quicker resolution here.

We completed my wife’s upfront medical exam today and submitted the confirmation we got via a webform. Also filled the IMM-5476E form and submitted today in a separate query.

When I check my CIC accnt I do not see any change before and after sending documents and asking to add her. But they did reply in affirmative to our webform query asking them about reciept of our documents.

I guess once we get responses of reciept for both our documents in a week all we have to do is wait for her biometrics letter.

1 Like

Hi Prasan,
Did your wife need to take an IELTS exam or is just the above documents required?
Thanks

Hi mrandmrs,
Did your spouse need to take the IELTS Test?
Thannks

Hi @darryl200 my spouse took the exam but we did not provide ielts exam results for her addition. It’s not required. You don’t need to submit WES evaluation for spouse as well

1 Like

Hello Prasan,

I got married when express entry was in progress, i have couple of questions can you please clarify if you can:

ITA - Jan 2019
Submitted all the documents(Medicals, biometrics, pcc, etc) - march 2019
Married - May 29 2019
Added Spouse - Sep 2019
spouse’all necessary documents submitted - Nov 2019
Spouse medicals and pcc submitted - Jan 2020
CIC asked for spouse biometrics on - March-31-2020
Due to Covid submitted Spouse’s Biometrics on - July-31-2010

Any clue on how much more time it takes according to your knowledge, by the way do you have any update on your case status?

Reply would be highly appreciated.

Thanks&Regards,
Suha.

My wife’s biometrics was submited in Oct 18 2019 and our COPR came on Jan 7 2020. This was pre covid and our application was being processed in Montreal which is notoriously slow. With that said I’m not really sure how things are going with covid as ircc reported is working with 50 percent capacity.

Hi Prasan,

Good Day. Kindly indulge me as I need a few clarifications on adding my spouse my application after marriage.

I informed IRCC via webform but I haven’t gotten a response. Earlier, I had put a phone call across to them and I got notified of some documents I could submit via webform.

Do you think there might be varying documents to be added from what I heard via the phone call? There were the same as yours.

Please I wanted to find out how you made payments after adding your wife to your application. Was there a placeholder on your CIC account after you added the documents?

Also, for the forms you filled (IMM 0008, IMM5669, IMM0008DEP), did she have to sign a printed form or did you append her name as an e-signature before submission?

Thank you.

Hi,
I have similar updates on my application. Added my spouse who is in India in Jan 2020, gave my spouse’s medical in september, biometrics in december, 2020 and now waiting for their reply. When I call them and ask for status update, they say all eligibility including background and security checks have been completed, now only waiting for officer’s decision. But they are unable to provide any update on how long it will take?
Moreover, as I am a student, can I also apply for spousal open work permit?

Thank you