Any Oct 2018 AoR got PPR without status update?

Now that we are in April (6 months from October), any progress in the case?
Also, i had a couple of questions

1. what happens to that progress bar after you cross 6 months? does it reset to another specific date? does it have any significance?
  2. Is there a contact center we can call and check if you have crossed 6 months in your case? USCIS has this facility where you can call the visa office after a certain period of time. Is there something like that for express entry applications with CIC?

Received PPR for Oct 2018 ITA

Timeline
10/24/2018 - AOR
10/24/2018 - Medical Approved
4/8/2019 - received a message in portal that I need to provide an explanation via email for a question I said Yes. I said Yes to the question if I was refused entry to any country or Canada before. I said Yes because my student visa to USA was rejected once. I sent an email mentioning the same.
4/10/2019 - Today morning I got an email saying there is a new message in my account. It is the PPR message.

I still see no update in the status of each item like eligibility, background check etc on the portal.

2 Likes

Hi,
Thank you for the update and congrats on the PPR mail.
Can you please let me know where you received the message regarding Visa as I am also October AOR(25th Oct) and awaiting PPR mail.I also had a US Visa rejection once and it was a business Visa.

Congrats and thanks for the update!

Thank you.

They sent an email that there is a new message for me in my cic account(this is where we generally see the time bar and the status). So I saw a letter from them there were they requested the below.

This is in reference to your application for permanent residence in Canada. In order for us to continue the
processing of your application, we require the following documents:
 In the Schedule A, you have answered Yes to the question below for which we require an
explanation:
Have you, or, if you are the principal applicant, any of your family members listed in
your application for permanent residence in Canada, ever:
Been refused admission to, or ordered to leave, Canada or any other country?
You must send us the requested information by email within 7 days from the date of this letter.

They will only ask about the rejection if you have mentioned in your application. I am not sure if we should mention also or not.
Try checking your spam folder also, sometimes the email from CIC goes to spam folder it seems.

1 Like

Thank you

Received a message in inbox today asking for passport, status has not changed in the application.
AOR was 17th Oct, 2018 and medical passed couple of days later. Next status change was last week (application is being processed and background check in progress)

1 Like

Could you let us know which office contacted you or where should passports be sent

I’m asked to send my passport to LA office in Hope Street.

Hi,
does your ppr message contain these lines?

As the validity of your visa(s) has been already established and is limited to a fixed date, it  
CANNOT be extended under any circumstances. We therefore urge you to read and follow 
carefully the instructions below without delay:

I was wondering if this is a general message because I know people who got the 30 days deadline extended.

Congrats!

No, it doesn’t have those lines.

I have those lines too but I am not sure what fixed date they are referring to.

I have been asked to send my passport to Canada. But yours to LA. Do you know why some are asked to send to Canada.

Thanks

is it 1 year already since your medical? My medical was in Feb 2018, since they did not ask to do another medical, they might have a deadline for us. Just a wild guess!!

No. It’s only been 6 months.

Our AOR is Oct 15 - FSW - outland. We just received the PPR request. Montreal office took about 6.5 months to process our application.

3 Likes