Anyone still trading using US brokerage accounts after moving to Canada?

Hello Folks,

Most of us would have a US based stock trading account which you might have opened while in the USA.

Are you still using the same account to trade in US stocks while being in Canada on a PR?

Are there any forms/criteria we need to furnish (like W8) or we can continue trading using the old account as is?

1 Like

You have to reach out to the brokerages some would be fine changing your address to Canada and marking you correctly for tax processing. Others could ask you to close the account there are several other forums that discuss this in detail. You will have to report the accounts and incomes with your tax filings in Canada.

1 Like

Thanks Vik.