Anyone waiting for their first PR Card?

Hi,

Its 6 months since the card is mailed not since you landed.And looks like you have already updated the address.Current processing time is 130 days.

In our case, we got our cards, but our kid did not receive theirs.We were in a similar situation, emailing, calling and messaging IRCC.But there was no way to track the kid’s application.

@spai Thanks for the update. It is reassuring to know about this timeline and other options like solemn declaration etc. I will keep my fingers crossed and wait for some form of correspondence from CIC/IRCC.

Thanks again. I really appreciate your time

ofcourse!

We landed in June 2020 and my wife got hers on Dec 20 after a photo resubmission request in October. I had mine approved in August but due to some issue with address (UPS locker) it was returned back to ircc in September and they asked me to submit a Solemn Declaration with my current residential address, I did around first week of Oct and they sent me mine right before Christmas. Things are really slowed down due to COVID.

@prasan Thanks for the update.

I would like to share my experience which may help.
I got my first PR card after 16 months. Firstly, I got my PR confirmation letter before Covid in 2020. Then, I sent my photos to the IRCC office and kept waiting. After 14 months, I called IRCC, of course, multiple times. Same answer: wait. Finally, I got a piece of helpful advice from a kind IRCC agent who suggested I resend the photos and with an explanation letter to let them know I haven’t received them for more than 14 months.
It worked. I got my first card after 16 months with a resend photo on it.
Hope anyone can get what you want soon.
Good luck!

1 Like

Vivi - Can you please send the address where you send your photo I am on the same boat with no card for a longer time. The agent is not evening picking phone, tried web form no answer, tried to email no answer. It will be appreciated if you can send us the address where you send your photo.

Did you receive PR Card ?

What status on your initial PR Card?