Applications taking longer than 6 months

@Reyrey

That is great news. Thank you for sharing. Congratulations.

Could you kindly share your timeline of updates? Also, are you an outland applicant?

@prashant89 Thank you. The AOR was Nov 29, 2019. 6 months ended on May 29, 2020. I got the update on Oct 5, 2020. There were no updates between this time. The only initial updates in Dec 2019 was “Medicals passed” and they asked me to get my biometrics done during that month. So total wait time > 10 months.
Yes to the Outland.

@Reyrey, this is fantastic. Thanks much for the update. And best of luck for your future in Canada.

Thanks. You too!

@Reyrey
Congratulations and thank you for sharing. All the best

Hi All,
Does anyone here with AOR received in 2020 have got any update on their applicattion?

Hello Everyone,

I have received an update from IRCC 2 days back. They need a new US PCC from me as the “PCC” is currently older than a year.

Also, they have requested a new copy of “schedule A” background form. I have read in other forums that this is fairly common. Basically I have to give all my details of 10 year history again. I am a little tensed because I did not save screenshots of my past profile when filling the webform. But I guess it should be fine.

I am waiting for FBI to send me the PCC back.

Thanks Prashant. Thank you for the update.
My AOR is Mar 25th so looks like I am not getting an update any sooner.

Hello Everyone,

Just wanted to give everyone an update:

October End: IRCC asked me for a new US FBI clearance and Schedule A form.
November Mid: I submitted both the forms.
November End: IRCC asked me for a new India PCC. Because I was there in India for more than 6 months after I submitted my application last year.
December 14th: I submitted new India PCC to IRCC.

It was a horrible experience to get India PCC from India consulate in US. It used to be very easy earlier but the process became very difficult and took 2 weeks for me. India consulate mentions 4 weeks to get PCC.

IRCC is giving 60 days every time they ask for something. So if they ask for anything, make sure you start getting the documents as soon as possible.

I hope this information helps everyone. I will update once I hear back from IRCC.

Why is experience horrible to get pcc from Indian consulate in US?
Can you elaborate…

@srhere, Below are all the points:

1. No walk-in’s anywhere. It used to be 1 day processing time with walk-in till before Covid.

2. No one picks up your phone. It straight goes into voicemail. So any questions you have will take time to get answered.

3. They ask for Notary of utility bill and passport. According to Cook County law, no one can notarize your documents. They can only Notarize documents where your signature is required and they validate the signature. Few people get lucky with getting Notarized. But 3 banks rejected me and UPS store said they can notarize an additional paper which states that “This person claims this document belongs to him”. But they do not notarize the document. Getting documents notarized is based on luck and locality. I just got lucky after trying in various places for 2 days in Chicago downtown.

4. In all this process, the consulate won’t pick up your calls or reply back to your emails for days at times because of various reasons.

5. You will have questions such as:

• What if my passport address and India permanent address is different.
    • What if no one is staying in the address. What if my parents are also not there in India.
    • And many other what if questions for which there is no clear guidance.
  6. They told me to expect 30 days for the entire process after I submitted application.

7. After I submitted everything, I had to follow up with consulate after 3 days for them to start process.

8. After police check in India was ordered by consulate. There is no guarantee that police officer will call you before coming home. For me they did not. Luckily my servants were smart enough to stop him from leaving and call my parents.

After all this drama I finally received the PCC. Keep in mind the IRCC gives 60 days to submit document and Consulate in US takes holiday vacation for both Indian Holidays as well as US Holidays. Your police home check in India can take any where between 2 days to 3 weeks. So I was very worried till I received the document on hand.

I hope this helps everyone.

To Everyone,

So I received an update on my profile. Because my medicals are expired as it has been more than a year now since I have applied. IRCC asked me to get medicals again (IMM 1017e). They gave me 90 days to finish this.

I guess it is normal as IRCC generally gives landing instructions to receive PR depending on the days that are left on medical. But since it’s already expired, they asked for it again. I am reading forums and understanding that not everyone will get this request. Unfortunately, I received it. :joy:

I shall update everyone once I complete this step as well. :pray:

Hi @Sidd - Did you get your PPR? I submitted my application on Dec 5, 2019, and haven’t received the PPR yet. I have applied from the USA.

Hi
No, I didn’t receive any COPR/PPR till now. But on 1st Oct’21, I did receive a message to get my medicals redone as it got expired. And I have got the same done for myself as well as my spouse. Just to clarify I am applying from India

Hello Everyone,

Wanted to provide an update. I have not received any update after my previous revised medicals since 9 months.

When IRCC spoke to me, they mentioned I might be requested medicals again if the process gets delayed by few more months.

But my case is a little unique now as I recently had a baby and this could have caused delays in processing as well. I even tried updating my renewed passport details. I say tried because I have not heard anything back from IRCC lately. Below is a automated email I did receive.

From IRCC

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

In order to respond to a high volume of enquiries related to the crisis in Afghanistan, we have needed to shift resources in our Client Support Centre. This will impact our ability to respond to some of your enquiries.

We will respond to these priority enquiries only:

· Clients in crisis situations (like those affected by the situation in Afghanistan)

· Clients facing vulnerable circumstances (emergency and urgent requests)

· Clients who need to tell us about a change in their circumstances, which has a direct impact on their application (like marriage, birth of a child, or similar)

· Clients who are submitting documents requested by one of our officers

· Changes in contact information

· Requests to withdraw an application or refunds

If your enquiry is NOT one of the priority enquiries listed above, you will not receive a reply.

If you included attachments with your enquiry, rest assured that they will be added to your file shortly.

Basically things are moving slow once again because of Afghanistan this time. I shall update everyone if I hear anything new. Hope this information helps.

Hi folks
Just to keep you updated I have received an update to my profile from IRCC on 11th October that I and my spouse have passed the medicals and now I am waiting for the Final decision from IRCC

Just for kicks:
AOR: Nov 2019
Medical: Paseed Dec 2019
Status: Background check/Limbo (GCMS doesn’t show any issues)
Conclusion: USCIS= CIC

Hello Everyone,

So I recently received my COPR email asking me to send y passport for stamping at the New York VFS. But the failed to add my baby into my profile so I guess my application will take some more time. They need to add him and resend the COPR email.

Having said that, I think they are finally working to finish pending applications now.

Also, keep an eye on your email inbox. It is very easy to miss. And they only give you 30 days to finish the next work.

Will keep you posted.

Cheers
Prashant

1 Like

Hi @prashant89 Just for my curiosity, given that your previous re-medical was in Dec 2020 and you got your PPR email in Nov 2021, were your medicals automatically extended? I understand that these dates are currently irrelevant as you need to add your baby, but just wondering if you now have to do re-medicals 3rd time.

Did you get the PPR request finally?