Applications taking longer than 6 months

Hello Friends,

My application just completed 6 months of processing time. After that my status bar disappeared for 1 day and now I see this message “Your application is taking us longer than usual to process.”

Till date, the only update I have is in regards to Medical and Biometrics. Is this normal? I just raised a webform request and asked for an update. I will update everyone once I receive an update.

Is this common now with Covid? are there others stuck with only Medical update? Do let me know!!

Thanks

1 Like

This was common even way before covid :slight_smile: Even in 2019 processing times averaged around or over 9 months so this is not unusual at all. That being said I have no idea if times have increased with the covid situation, although I can imagine they might have.

And yes, having only a Medical update first is a normal thing.

@prashant89 I am also on the same boat with Nov 7th AOR, I have observed that there are no PPR’s from March 2020 for outside Canada folks. You can do one thing, call them or request webform asking them about the status of application. They will share more details than the one of the portal. All the best.

@sun and @awesomenorth, Thank you so much guys. I did raise a webform online and hope to get some response in a weeks time. I shall keep everyone updated about my application so others like me can understand what is going on. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi
Even I am facing the same issue regarding my profile regarding the estimated time of completion and I have raised the web form today. receive my ITA on 2nd October 2019. I submitted my profile on 2nd November and completed the biometrics on 26th November after the clearance of the medical examination. 2nd May was my estimated date of completion and still haven’t heard anything from IRCC so I raised the web form and now would wait for a while to hear from them. Would update once I receive any response. Meanwhile others can also update if they receive Any mail from IRCC
Thanks

Hello Everyone, Below is the reply I have received from IRCC Webform request. I hope this helps people in my similar situation.

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

We verified the information you provided and can confirm that your application is still in process.

All the required documents and information have been received by the responsible office for the moment.

Due to the ongoing situation related to the novel coronavirus (COVID-19), some IRCC offices are currently operating with reduced or critical staff only.

We are working on processing applications as quickly as possible; however, processing times are affected and any disruption caused by COVID-19 is not reflected accurately on our website. We will make all the necessary efforts to finalize your application as soon as possible.

Rest assured that you will be informed as soon as a decision is reached or if additional information is needed.

We hope the information provided is helpful in assisting you with your enquiry.

2 Likes

Hi Folks
This is the reply that I have got from IRCC

Good day Gogia Siddharth,

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

We verified the information you provided and can confirm that your application is still in process.

All the required documents and information have been received by the responsible office for the moment.

Due to the ongoing situation related to the novel coronavirus (COVID-19), some IRCC offices are currently operating with reduced or critical staff only.

We are working on processing applications as quickly as possible; however, processing times are affected and any disruption caused by COVID-19 is not reflected accurately on our website. We will make all the necessary efforts to finalize your application as soon as possible.

Rest assured that you will be informed as soon as a decision is reached or if additional information is needed.

We hope the information provided is helpful in assisting you with your enquiry.

Hi Sidd, thanks for sharing this. My Application was submitted on 31st Dec’2019 and currently the status bar shows it as 94% complete and estimated date is shown as 30th Jun’2020. Do you think that the estimated completion date will be achieved? Do you have any email ID where I can contact IRCC officials?

Thanks in advance.

Hi Rishi
As I have already mentioned that it’s taking more time than usual, it should take due to the Covid-19 outbreak. Still, I haven’t received the passport submission/their final decision is still pending(IRCC). So I don’t think that it would process on time. While ai say so I would still like to inform you that it’s just my personal opinion in fact I would be glad if your application would process within the timelines that have been provided by the IRCC. Still, you can raise the web form if you would like to.

Thanks

Hello Everyone,

I just wanted to post my update. As Sidd mentioned, things are very slow. In the mean time I have applied for GCMS notes. This will give you all the information regarding the status of your file. It takes 1 month or longer currently for it to come.

There are 2 ways of doing it, apply online in some website or take help from your friend/family staying in Canada. GCMS notes can only be applied by people staying in Canada (workers and students) or by PR’s/Citizens of Canada. It is an online form which took me and my friend 15 minutes to complete. It costed my friend 5 Canadian Dollars. The report will be emailed to her and she will email to me. Simple.

If you don’t have a friend in Canada, Websites are doing it for Rs1000-1500 or $20 I think.

I think this is very important and helpful. Think about it. Once I get my notes, I shall update you again.

Thanks and Stay Safe!!! Cheers!!!

I got my GCMS notes in 2 weeks. Apart from security, everything else seems passed. I have attached a picture as well.

From the looks of it, security is going to take a long time.

note: my online profile is still not updated since medical.Screen Shot 2020-06-24 at 2.27.37 AM

Thanks for sharing, any idea of what Security here means?
First I thought it meant criminality but looks like that’s a different section.
It looks like your application is close to being processed.

I tried reading into what security means, different people have different things written. My understanding:

• Some sort of final background checks before the okay the application.
  • They have many categories in the background check, so there might be 1 or 2 that is still going on, and they are taking it easy because of Covid.

This is just my understanding. If anyone knows anything else please add/correct me.

Dear Prashant,

Thanks for sharing this important update. Can you please share the the website through which your friend in Canada applied for GCMS notes?

Regards,
Rishikesh.

This is what I followed. There are a few wording’s that changed but it’s very easy to figure out.

Hi
Even I got my GCMS notes within 3 weeks but its such a long complicated report consisting of 171 pages. As per my understanding of the report, it would give you a detailed explanation but the crux is still left behind that is to get the estimation date of your profile or you can say the date by when would they take the final decision on the application. Even my report shows almost the same status that is passed/completed only thing which is pending is the final decision. Anyways I am in no hurry but just wanted to keep a check on the application. All the best for the rest of you

Hello Everyone,

Just wanted to update that I have “NOT” received any update. It’s still the same as last time. If anyone else received any update do let others know.

Cheers

Aor March 7 2018 and still waiting…
Someone in the same situation?

@prashant89
Same in my case as well. Haven’t heard anything from IRCC yet

Hi guys, I had been following this thread since I’ve been waiting for a decision for quite a while too. Got a PPR update this week. Looks like they may be finally clearing the backlog