Attorney help required for a special case?

I have a conviction for driving without license (USA - 2009). I have applied for visitor visa and got rejected. The reason stated was insufficient documentation (2012). I am planning to apply for PR (express entry). Anyone has applied with driving conviction without attorney’s service? Do I have to use attorney’s service or can I apply by myself in order for the application to get approved?