Biometrics appointment during covid-19 lockdown

Hi,

I submitted by documents on Feb27 and got medical results passed on Mar5. Now I received biometric collection letter today. I checked the cic website and they mention that all in person appointments for fingerprints are cancelled due to Covid-19 situation. Thats the reason they extended the timeline from 30 to 90 days for biometrics.

Is anyone else in the same situation? Please suggest what can be done as it is very unclear when VACs will re-open.

Thanks!

Please suggest…

I am in the same situation. I am just waiting for now. Hoping things will reopen sometime before the 90day deadline.

cic website now says

All biometrics appointments in Canada and the United States (application support centers) are cancelled until further notice

You’ll have to make a new appointment at a Service Canada office or a United States (US) application support center (ASC) once they start collecting biometrics again.

Walk-in biometrics collection is not available at any Service Canada office or ASC. Check the ASC page for updates on closures.

Some visa application centres (VACs) are temporarily closed. If you have a biometrics appointment scheduled at a VAC, check the VAC website before you go.

You don’t have to give your biometrics until the biometrics collection site closest to you reopens . Once your local biometrics collection site reopens, make an appointment to give your biometrics as soon as possible.

Find out how you’re affected by coronavirus (COVID-19).

Thanks @rahultgsp for the information.

The appointments are still not open.
Does anyone know when the VACs will re-open for biometrics appointment?

I was able to schedule a biometrics appointment 2 weeks out few days ago but now the USCIS portal stopped working again and doesn’t show any new slots or retrieve my booked appointment.
Can I assume my appointment is still valid?

Was anyone able to successfully complete a biometrics appointment in the US recently?

Hey @narlas

Yes, we did biometrics at a Boston location early this week.
They have open appointments.

What I don’t know is - I took longer than the 90days deadline. Do you know if thats still okay ? Should we be reporting that to CIC ?
Also, what happens after biometrics ? I mean, what will the next steps be ?

@rahultgsp @stan_lee