Biometrics in India for US resident

Hello
I am an Indian citizen working and residing in US.
My AOR was JAN 26 and got my biometric request letter on march 8.

Currently I am in India on vacation for a few weeks .

My question is

• can I provide my biometrics in India ? Reading online it looks like I can but wanted to confirm if anyone has done it .

• more importantly, would providing biometrics in India , which is not my primary country of residence , impact the speed of overall PR approval process ? Appreciate if anyone can share any personal experience .

• another question is : would the remaining processes in EE application like background check (IP1, IP2,etc ) are kept on hold until I provide biometrics or these go on without waiting for my biometrics ?

Thanks

This is the first time I am hearing about biometrics for Indian citizens.

Bio Metrics for Indian Citizens are mandatory for AOR after 31st Dec 2018.

2 Likes

emphasized textcan I provide my biometrics in India ? Reading online it looks like I can but wanted to confirm if anyone has done it .”

You can but once you receive your PPR you will have to send your passport for stamping to the same VFS office where you provided your biometrics .

more importantly, would providing biometrics in India , which is not my primary country of residence , impact the speed of overall PR approval process ? Appreciate if anyone can share any personal experience .

If you have applied online, it should not . In my case I recently received my biometrics request and I am on an official visit to HK . I called up VFS office to check if I can provide my biometrics here and this was the answer I got.

No I have planned to give my biometrics in India after I return.

P.S: I am also looking for an answer for the third question. :slight_smile: