California IELTS centres

HI @anon25417004 this one is for you or anyone else in Bay area. I can only see two locations in SF Bay area(Hayward/SF) and few more in Socal (near LA). I do not see any other location probably in central California.
I saw mentioned there is a location close to Fresno, I do not see it while booking the exam.

Hi @fzansari,

I am not aware which of these locations are in Central California but here’s a list of California locations:
https://www.ielts.org/book-a-test/find-a-test-location/location-list/united-states-of-america/california/tv

When I was looking for test centers, I had seen 3 in the Bay Area (1 in Hayward and 2 in SF) but none of them had any dates available immediately so I had gone to a center in LA.

Thanks @mrandmrs

When I went for my IELTS exam I was the only Indian person there. It seems with how things are currently that is probably changing :slight_smile:

Hi,

Just want to check am I looking into right url for IELTS test centers. Seems to be frequency is twice a month and only fewer locations in US. I live in Boston, if I need to take earlier date for test, need to fly i think.

https://ieltsregistration.org/ielts-candidate/candidateonline/searchforavltestcentre.html

Many people I have spoken to are having trouble getting dates to centers close by. I would recommend just taking whichever date you get first and then flying there.

I got the earliest date for 24th Mar in pittsburgh(I am from philly o/w). It is quite hard to fathom that IELTS dates are so infrequent. God Bless America.

You’d be surprised to see how many other non Canadian PR people at these IELTS exams. I was under the impression I would only see other people applying for PR. In reality there were only 2 Canadian PR applications during my time everyone else was from the middle east. As I understood it they are paid by their governments to come and study english in the US and the IELTS scores are how they claim this payment.

2 Likes

Hi,

Did you get test center at Pittsburgh center or Columbus, Ohio. While i’m register i thought its pittsburgh test center but got email as test center in Columbus.

I got the test center at Pittsburgh only and the email confirms that too. I would say call them and make sure the test center is indeed what you are looking for.