Canada Soft landing AVR

Hi @usa2canada , @Greenmind , @sasikbandi

I have joined this community today only after seeing few posts of you guys. You guys are posting very useful details and I appreciate you for that first .

We are a family of 3 members, H1/H4/USC baby. We have got our CoPR last year and it is expiring in April 2022. We are planning to do a soft landing in March ( thinking of first weekend).
We are Planning to use AVR. ( we both have expired Visa stamps and valid I797A).

Is AVR safe?

I have few questions, could you please share your thoughts or comments on these.

1. Regarding GTS and GTF , can you please explain what to fill and is there any format.
  2. I see in one of your post , you guys mentioned about Jewelry photos. Do we need to provide photos of Jewelry that we carry on that day or the photos of Jewelry that we are going to carry when we actually move to Canada?
  3. Is there a limit of value for goods to carry and Jewelry to carry which we mention in same day carry and later bringing forms.
  4. Is SIN mandatory? Where should we apply that ? We are actually thinking of taking a U Turn and come back to US immediately. But if SIN is mandatory, please let me know where should we apply?
  5. Regarding proof of funds. Do we need to get new reference letters from banks or old ones enough. How to show proof of funds to the officers.
  6. I see somewhere that we need to carry two passport photos. I believe it is same like what we took while applying, one with name and studio stamp and other one is normal.
  7. I’m driving my own car, do we need a separate Canada Insurance or the one I have in US is good enough?
  8. What time and day is good ? I’m thinking afternoon and Friday.
  9. I’m thinking Rainbrow bridge. Will this be good with less wait times ?

I’m so sorry to ask you many questions. If you can answer that would be really helpful for us to prepare and plan ahead with the baby.

Thanks
UDAY

Hi @Uday4,

Sorry for late reply, not sure if you completed soft landing.
AVR is safe. I used it without any issues for me and my wife. I was in same situation as you i.e. 3 members - H1/H4/USC.

1 → Fill in as much as possible and put some justified price.
2 → No. I didn’t do.
3 → Not to my knowledge.
4 → SIN is not mandatory and I have read that many people have applied online too from USA. I didn’t get SIN yet. I am thinking of making a Canada trip this summer and apply for SIN.
5 → You will have to take latest bank letters possible same day. Because for one of my friend he didn’t take, so then logged into bank account and showed it to the officer. Officer didn’t ask me for proof of funds, but you should be prepared.
6 → No. You don’t need to take photos. You only need to carry passports, COPR, Proof of funds, GTF.
7 → Most of the USA car insurance cover in Canada too. I have GEICO insurance and I had checked with them and they said it covers Canada too.
8 → It all depends on the border. But I am sure no border should be busy around noon. I went around 1:30 pm and there was no one at border. But the paper work took lot of time for me because they were not letting people into the building. So the officer was coming to the car and getting info.
9 → Yeah. I did soft landing at Rainbow bridge only.

Hi Uday,

Did you complete soft landing and AVR? We are in the same situation (family of 3; PR expiring May 2022) and we are planning to go soon.

How smooth was AVR?