Canadian job prospects after quitting US job

We have teams at Amazon working in the hardware side of things. Happy to make a referral if you find anything interesting on Amazon.jobs portal. I still recommend interviewing even if the position is in Seattle and ask them if they are open to relocating to Canada at some point in the future if you cleared the process. Even if you end up not joining, you will be in consideration if they ever open up those roles in Canada.

Good luck either way!

1 Like

Thanks @usa2can! I really appreciate it. I will get in touch with you once I am ready to start applying for jobs in Canada

Thanks @movnorthprsnl! I appreciate it. I will get in touch with you once I start applying and after looking at the portal.

@arjun-humain Recently a friend who works on hardware and/or system/device software for hardware got a job at Amazon. Looks like someone above already offered to refer you to Amazon. Worth considering that company since they have many people working in Canada.

As far as dealing with stress, I’ve found that journaling, that is writing down and refining your thoughts helps a lot in processing them and dealing with stress. It can be in a digital or a physical notepad. The mere act of noting our many overwhelming thoughts into a coherent narrative can be very helpful. If that doesn’t work, getting professional help can help as well.

Hardware is a challenging field and I have a lot of respect for people working in that field especially for people with a Phd. Wish you good luck.

2 Likes

Thanks a lot katz! I will certainly try for Amazon. Thanks for your advice on managing stress

Hi Everyone (particularly @siddEE @panditji @katz @ntn @th1ru)

I just wanted to give you an update. After I resigned from my previous job, I was able to get two job offers (in the bay area) for a relevant role (same as what I was doing in my previous company). I chose one of them and joined them recently. Looking back, it turned out to be a blessing in disguise for me as I got a salary raise of almost 50% at this new company. The company culture also seems very good here. The question on why I left my previous job turned out to be the most tricky question to answer at the interviews, but it worked out well at the end (perhaps because my technical interviews went really well and they needed people with my experience). Both companies were fairly understanding.

I just wanted to thank everyone who commented on my post for your kind words. Thanks!

9 Likes

Awesome news, man!

I’ll drink to that! :hugs: