Canadian working for U.S. Co. on TN...but

I’m a Canadian currently living and working in the U.S. with TN work status and I recently accepted a new remote position with another company as an employee. I can work from anywhere in the U.S. I’ll be getting a new TN for this new position. But I’d like the option to live in Canada. How does paying tax to both countries work? Even with the tax treaty, does it work out to paying excessive tax on your income?

I won’t be consulting a tax attorney, so I’m hopeful of getting some answers or led in the right direction here. Thanks.